1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EGT Probe Placement

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by newb, Jun 25, 2008.

1. newb

newb phresh VIP

Hey everyone. A while back, on some site google brought up, I read that the best place to put the EGT probe was in the number 3 header tube, about 2 inches away from the head. Is this true, or does it need to go somewhere else? Thanks for any input.

2. Turbo&Auto

Turbo&Auto Nick Go FAST!!

Usually it goes on whatever is the last cylinder on the fuel rail, thats my .02. And mount it as close to the head as possible. Some people put them after the turbo to prevent broken probe pieces from damaging the turbo. If you do that, it WILL read lower!!! 1-200 degrees.

3. newb

newb phresh VIP

The post I read said that it should go on the number 3 cylinder cause it runs the hottest, due to the nature of how an in-line 4 runs. I dunno if that true or not, and that why Im askin this question lol. What is your reason for puttin it on the last cylinder in the fuel rail?

4. Turbo&Auto

Turbo&Auto Nick Go FAST!!

Maybe that would be the last to get fuel and be hottest. It honestly doesnt matter tooo tooo much which cylinder, they should all be pretty close.

5. newb

newb phresh VIP

Ahh, makes sence. Good deal, thanks a lot for the help.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted