EGT Probe Placement

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

newb

phresh
VIP
Hey everyone. A while back, on some site google brought up, I read that the best place to put the EGT probe was in the number 3 header tube, about 2 inches away from the head. Is this true, or does it need to go somewhere else? Thanks for any input.

Usually it goes on whatever is the last cylinder on the fuel rail, thats my .02. And mount it as close to the head as possible. Some people put them after the turbo to prevent broken probe pieces from damaging the turbo. If you do that, it WILL read lower!!! 1-200 degrees.

The post I read said that it should go on the number 3 cylinder cause it runs the hottest, due to the nature of how an in-line 4 runs. I dunno if that true or not, and that why Im askin this question lol. What is your reason for puttin it on the last cylinder in the fuel rail?

Maybe that would be the last to get fuel and be hottest. It honestly doesnt matter tooo tooo much which cylinder, they should all be pretty close.

Back