Egypt is falling apart

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

carefull, wait for monday :)

csco is a decent buy today maybe though.

buy some calls!!lol

Last edited:
I'd fill your tanks up too, price of a barrel of oil shot up like 7 bucks or something today.

Gas went up 11 cents within 4 hours here...

Yep. I'm gonna go fill mine today as well.

Interesting series of regime changes.

Prequel-Hezbollah leaves Lebanaese Govn't. No govn't over night.

First Tunisia riots.

Second Egypt.

Third Yemen.

hmmm...

plus, our military has to have some kind of internet available to communicate, they have become dependent on it.
we'll just hack into that shit.

Yes, we're dependent on a network, but we bring our own network to the battlefield. Look up WIN-T MST and JNN to get a good idea. We don't ever use a foreign country's communications infrastructure, we rarely use a foreign country's power grid (look up PM MEP) because the risk is too great.

Pack in, pack out.

And why does this surprise anyone anymore that a country could shut off 'the internet' if something happens? It's just like during the world wars when foreign mail services stopped.

see, but the USPS is OWNED by the US government, so that makes sense.. the internet is not. the government doesn't pay for my server, my telco line, nor your isp. what right do they have to shut something off that isn't theirs?

see, but the USPS is OWNED by the US government, so that makes sense.. the internet is not. the government doesn't pay for my server, my telco line, nor your isp. what right do they have to shut something off that isn't theirs?

You need to look up how much of the intranet infrastructure is owned by governments before we have this argument. Also do some research on how many countries have bypass systems to monitor outgoing internets. PROTIP: the US probably has one of these.

The internet will never be completely shut off in the US.

In Egypt you have 4 isp’s. In America you have every ISP.

Also, does anyone really think we would, even for a day, shut off our stock market and other trading centers? Would Goldman Sachs, Bank of America and other huge global corporations even allow their internet to be shut off? Would lockheed martin have its internet shut off?

They may shut off B’s internet and my internet, but there will still be plenty of traffic in and out of the country.

well, most of the stock market, goldman, and all the rest were closed from 9/11-9/16 or so...

Hey have you heard about this thing called the US govt that does pretty much what they wAnt? :lol:

the day they shut off the internet, and thus my livlihood, i'll have no choice but to go jihad on DC..... fucking politicians think they have the right to turn off 'my job' ? fuck you. im fat, i need to eat. :D

Switch_off_internet_in_case_of_political_dissent.jpg

Send 1 person, a marksman, to take out Hosni, and problem temporarily solved.

this will end badly for us if obama doesnt show support for the people and not the president.

its already been decided, this guy is through, he's just delaying the inevitable, the people aren't giving in til he is gone.

whats going to happen is this:
obama is going to keep quiet until the very last minute of this guy being in office.
then, he'll feel like jumping in and saying what everybody else already has said/knows.
he'll think he's accomplishing something.

then, the new leader of the people will know that obama didnt support them in their democratic decision, and will sever ties to the US.

we will lose our middle east ally.

We dont really know whats going on in Egypt, and who is behind the uprising. The news is only speculation. Nobody has put forth anything based on substance regarding why the riots are happening.

Well lets see if Egypt goes the way of Iran during their uprising. If it does I am really curious to see what Israel does.

I think the reason that we haven't acted yet is that we don't know who to support. We will only support who we think will win. The last thing we want to do is piss of the eventual leader by helping the other guy.

Well lets see if Egypt goes the way of Iran during their uprising. If it does I am really curious to see what Israel does.

This is what I’m thinking. Watch egypt become run by some radical and break their peace agreement with israel.

There’s no way they are trying to install a US friendly moderate.

The problem is that we've been siding with the dictator for years... latest shows about 1.3 billion in support money for his regime, annually.

To side with the people now shows that we will support a coup to other dictators and will severely hurt other foreign policy efforts

Back