Egypt is falling apart

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The problem is that we've been siding with the dictator for years... latest shows about 1.3 billion in support money for his regime, annually.

To side with the people now shows that we will support a coup to other dictators and will severely hurt other foreign policy efforts

Where was Obama in 2009 when the Iranian people were protesting Ahmadinejad?

Where are the women protestors? This is male dominated.... Islamists never let their women do anything.

110131.Egypt1.jpg

110131.Egypt2.jpg

110131.Egypt3.jpg

110131.Egypt4.jpg

I wouldnt be surprised if this turned into another Iran.

imho, and i could be wrong. in the near future the governmet will say fuck it and kill about 500 protestors. then they will stop fighting and things will be back to "normal".

shit like this doesn't just end. not unless the president is doing some fucked up shit. and as far as we know, he hasn't committed mass genocide, no wmd's, and no oil gouging. there is no reason for us to support a coup......yet.....

Surprised no one had brought this up so far.

This seems like the overthrowing of the Shaw of Iran all over again.

Granted, oppressive government is one thing, but a leader that isn't super radical in a region like the Mideast is something a lot of people don't think about. The UN and Obamo need to think of something quick to appease the people of Egypt (rightfully so) and keep the current power base in office so the whole country doesn't de-stabilize. We don't need another Ayatollah in Egypt.

Surprised no one had brought this up so far.

This seems like the overthrowing of the Shaw of Iran all over again.

Granted, oppressive government is one thing, but a leader that isn't super radical in a region like the Mideast is something a lot of people don't think about. The UN and Obamo need to think of something quick to appease the people of Egypt (rightfully so) and keep the current power base in office so the whole country doesn't de-stabilize. We don't need another Ayatollah in Egypt.

I mentioned Iran a few posts ago. The Muslim Brotherhood was founded in Egypt which is something else to keep in mind

and the kkk was formed in the south, yet more active in the north.

so far, i have only come across one "report" claiming that this is some islam extremist trying to take over.

You don't see many women in violent protests to begin with.

Though, IIRC, in one of the videos, you can see there's a woman in front of one of the "packs" that were throwing shit at the police.

Edit:
Mideast%20Egypt%20Protest_Norm%283%29.jpg

iran.protest.woman.getty.gal.jpg

I'm guessing this is a woman?
483739-mideast-egypt-protest.jpg

r

egypt_protest_10.jpg

Last edited:
one report i read stated that they were seeing muslim women in full garb (whatever thats called) protesting along with christian women in regular clothing. they were throwing drinks to the protesters and rocks at the police from the windows of their homes.
the women are there, they may not be on the front lines, but i guarantee they are doing more than their part.

I for one like persian and arab girls.

Shit I like girls of all ethnicities.

Good thing we don't live near each other... we'd be fighting over the same chicks all the time. lol

Ever watch Outsourced?

Rachel Hazelwood is super cute in that show.

i've hit 4's before. and 3's. probably a couple 2's. maybe a 1 if i was drunk enough.

Just because i don't find her as the hottest thing ever, doesn't mean i won't sleep with it.

Good thing we don't live near each other... we'd be fighting over the same chicks all the time. lol

nah, im married, i'd have to pass them off to you.
it would just give you an extra set of eyes to scope them out.

and the kkk was formed in the south, yet more active in the north.

so far, i have only come across one "report" claiming that this is some islam extremist trying to take over.

From what I can tell if the current "administration" for lack of a better is tossed out Egypt is left with a power vacuum. History shows us for the most part that if a regime falls in the middle east that vacuum is usually filled with a government that falls more in line with religious fundamentalist. My point is the popular media seems to be spinning this as some sort of middle eastern version of the American revolution. Personally I do not know enough about modern Egyptian politics or history to know exactly what is going on over yonder way but I doubt it will be as smooth as most are assuming it will be. It is entirely possible that a good number of Egyptians hate the fact that Egypt is so tight with the United States and if this is the case why wouldn’t they accept some form of Muslim fundamentalist government. The last thing the people of the middle east or the west need is another Iran.

Back