EH6 USDM '93 del Sol Si DOHC swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

grassh0ppa

Looking to drop a B16A SiR II into above said. I know I'll need the shift linkage, but everything else should hook up right?

Just out of curiosity, what would be needed other than motor mounts from a V-Tec sol for an H22A swap?

You're missing a lot of stuff, for both swaps.

Hit up the FAQ section, there are articles on all of this...

Ah, ok. That's different. Yes, that package should have most everything you need. If you have the B-series mounts and a shift linkage then it's essentially a bolt-in type swap.

An H22 swap is a whole different thing though. I supposed you could do it with the H22's mounts, but you'll have to cut and weld some things to make it work. A better idea would be to buy Hasport's or Innovative's mount kits for the H22 into an EG/DC chassis. For the transmission, you'll either need to enlarge the hole where the shifter comes through or purchase an H2B adapter plate which will allow you to use a B-series transmission and will place the engine in a slightly different position.

Either way, it won't exactly be cheap...

I've never dealt with Osaka personally, so I can't really say. They are Canadian however, and somebody on here recently posted a thread about how a Canadian engine importer sent him the wrong engine and then refused to do anything about it. I don't remember if it was Osaka or somebody else though...

Maybe somebody else can chime in here?

Honesty, I'm not concerned about the company. I've heard good and bad, like with any other. If they are the US's Largest supplier of engines then they're bound to screw up in some areas. I'm wondering if the parts included are comparable to the HMotor's complete change over kit.

Your getting all OEM parts from either importer, wether it is HMotors or this other one you where talking about, just as long as you get everything that comes with the swap, tranny, axles, dizzy, ECU.

Back