Eibach Sportline= what shocks?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

aLLmOtOr

I have a 96 EK Hatch, and I just got some Eibach Sportlines for pretty cheap, now I need to pick out some shocks, I was thinking about Tokico blues, what do you guys think? Someone told me that the shocks will blow with the springs I have, is that true? What would be a better combonation? I'm on a low budget, so the cheaper teh better.

who told you that???? i have eibach sportlines on my integ with tokico gas shocks (blues) and they work awesome!

unlike the *cut* race springs i acquired... they're a nice ride.... so... whoever told you that doesn't know shit for shat.

;) i would recommend tokicos... altho, i won't discount others... i've never used anything but them... i only had to buy one replacement since i've had the car, but then again, the car has been dead for a while.

just my opinion. :)

Bilsteins are nice for a street car - arguably one of hte better ride qualities.

Koni Reds will last forever, and like anything Koni have a lifetime warranty on them.

Tokico Blues are ok, but I/friends have always had trouble with them blowing out. Then again, cars are dropped and roads are shit...

Tokico Illuminas are the poor man's Koni Sport - not bad for the money, lifetime warranty (but don't mention your car is dropped)

KYB AGXes also bear consideration from a budget standpoint... One of the cheaper adjustable shocks with a lifetime warranty.

It pretty much boils down to what do you want out of your suspension and what do you want to spend. :)

When you say blow out... do you mean in like in an hour ... day ...week? Because Im thinking like as soon as you intall them. Anybody else have this combination?

Go with Koni Yellow, which I happen to have 4 slightly used ones for sale :)

Koni's are top of the line, only reason I don't have them on right now is becuase I moved and I am poor as hell, not buying springs anytime soon.

You don't need shocks that are valved very aggressively for the Sportlines. Almost any major brand aftermarket shock will work. If you're in a pinch for cash, the KYB GR-2s will work really well. If you want to spend some more, go for the Tokico Blues or Koni Reds. For adjustability on a budget, buy a set of KYB AGXs. I ran a set with my Pro-Kits for about 4 years and they felt great!

How much are you looking to spend? You can typically get away with a set of KYB GR-2s for well under $200 shipped.

Back