ej 8 electrical problems.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wiginrsx

Guys i have a question thats been blowing my mind. Hopefully by tom. Ill come up with a solution that makes sense. I have an 96 ex coupe.. body style is the EJ8... Its got a worked 00 b16 head.. and a b18c3 bottom end with butterflies. The Engine runs strong. Knock on wood. No ac no power steering.. its well grounded... Im running a chiped mugen ecu. A few weeks ago I was driving.. and my speedometer stoped working.. .then the tach went.. I thought oh well there goes the altenator. Now I replaced the alternator.. the fuse for the tach and the altenator are wired on the same fuse. But my fuse keeps blowing. The only new thing added has been my alarm.. but that shouldnt have anything to do with the alternator lines. So today im driving home.. and I have a little fire.. on the same fuse. I pull it out it blows again... and that was a 30 amp fuse. Any ideas? Tom.. Ill take apart the body harness to see if there are any nickes.. or shorts but im lost. If you have any ideas please tell me. Thanks.. Dom

Dosn't sound good man, definetly sounds like a short. Check the ground off of the vss and check your vss itself. that may explain your problem.

Back