EJ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

josh94civic

1st time builder ^_^
So just wondering my 94civic's vin reads EJ... what is the difference between an EJ and an EG or EK?

We often call the 92-95's EG's and 96+ EK's. Trust me, we'll know what you're talking about if you call it an EJ, EJ1...etc. etc. :D

ahh.... okay so it makes since to me now. see i was thinking it meant hatch or coupe :p but now i have been shown the way to the light lol.

Sometimes it can be more confusing. Like my EJ8 (2000 ex) can be considered an EK. EK is the JDM chassis code.

EJ's, wether it's EJ1, EJ2, or EJ8 are pretty much Civic coupes. The hatchback and Sedan which are EG's are assembled in Japan, but the coupes are either assembled in the States or in Canada. EJ1's are 92-95 Civic's and are either EX or SI trim which have a sunroof. EJ2's are also 92-95 but come in the basic DX and other trims and they don't have a sunroof. The EJ8 is pretty much a 96-00 EK coupe. And that's all I know. Hopefully that'll help you a little bit. :D

USDM Civics go 92-95, 96-98, then 99-00.

EK is a JDM/Asia market code only, according to my link above.

Back