Ej1 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

esms06

I'm new to swapping engines but I'm trying to make the best decision for the swap.I have a 1995 honda civic dx with a d15b7 with a mini me swap, skunk 2 headers and full exhaust, aem child air intake, skunk 2 short throw shifter and some cosmetic additions. it is a daily driver and will continue to be until I have all the parts to do the (I don't want to be looking for some exotic engine I need to import). I want it for daily driver, and some times auto cross. My goal is to do a swap that the parts are readily available, simple a possible, still want ac and power steering and end goal 200 hp. I was thinking either b16, b18, or k20 swap. I appreciate your help.

Either, both are around or above 200hp. Just depends on how much you want to spend, and do. Use the tranny that comes with the engine.

um if ur looking for something close and in your budget maybe....a Gen 3 b18c1 its 170 hs @ 7600 rpm bro... k series ur looking at some money lol not saying that u cant but just choose wisely i went with a ls with low some head work and running about 8 pounds of boost have around 245 right now due to running a shitty tune spent about 4 grand.....

That sounds about what I'm looking for but how easy are those engines to find and can you still have ac, and power steering. The reason I mentioned k swap is because I hearts it's becoming easier to find the engines and now ha better after market support.

ITR is B18c (JDM) or B18C5 (USDM). A GSR swap is also a really good choice and cost less than a ITR motor/ K series is the best but looking at around $5000 for a K20 swap, K24 is about half that but does not boast the power of the K20 in stock form. I say GSR is best bang for the buck. Do some research the swap is really simple and is all done with OEM parts. You will need a 99-00 Si rear mount bracker and timing belt side upper mount bracket. You can reuse all the stock rubber mounts in they are in good shape but now is a great time to replace or upgrade mounts. You can reuse your D series AEM intake it is a bit small but will work fine, get a good header and have it tuned. 160-170whp on a healthy GSR is pretty standard after bolt ons and tuning. Thats 190-200bhp. I went with a B18B1 then added a Vtec head about a year later and as it is now its pretty quick.

That sounds about what I'm looking for but how easy are those engines to find and can you still have ac, and power steering. The reason I mentioned k swap is because I heard it's becoming easier to find the engines and now have better after market support.

Sorry about the repost I am posting with my phone, the gsr swap sounds like it has the characteristics I'm looking for, I have to do my research to see where to find the drivetrain and which model would be the easiest swap.this will be my first swap. Thanks for the help.

To keep AC and PS you will need a B20 CRV AC bracket and that will let you bolt up the D series AC compressor with all the lines. For PS you will need a Del Sol Vtec PS high pressure hoses and the PS pump for a B series. Thats it really easy. Stick with a OBD1 motor to make the swap go smooth.

Back