EK and EG suspension

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

Ive always thought the ek, eg, and dc had the same suspension pieces; or atleast they were interchangable.
I was looking at some camber kits and saw the the eg and dc used the same pieces, but the ek uses a different one. im just curious. does anyone know what the difference are?

To use EG (USDM EH2/3, EG8 etc...) pieces on a EK, you have to use a spacer, about 5mm, on either side of the bushing, to go the other way, you have to shave the bushing down. Now the EG6 uses the same style LCAs as the ITR, so you have to accomadate for this when looking through application charts from other countries because EG6 rear suspension won't bolt to US Civics or tegs.

Oh, the fronts are the same, that is for the rear.

rear LCA's on the EK's are either shorter or longer- i forget... but they are not the same as the dc/eg's.

basically the rear subframe of the car is wider or shorter, thus needing the longer or shorter lca.

springs, are pretty universal from 88-00
but the way the shock mounts are different on almost all gens.

if you want to run itr-style LCA's on an EK, pick up some EK9 CTR lca's.... they have the same style as the dc2-R/eg6 lcas do and are the proper length for the ek cahssis

thx guys that was the info i was looking for. i was searching for hours on the internet but couldnt find anything.

b...how did you know i wanted to run itr lca's???? lol, but since its different i guess i'll get one of those colorful spc lower arms.

get the ctr lca's. they are identical is format to the ITR lca's but fit the ek width.

Back