ek b16 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

redmncivic

hi, getting ready to swap a b16a2 into my 99 ex at the end of the summer. i want to buy everything i need ahead of time for it. i am confused as to what mounts to get because it seems like every site i go to says something different. I also wanted to clarify the wiring changes that need to be made to my stock wiring harness. I know that i will need to change it over on the ecu side to go from obd2b to obd1, but what about on the engine side, is there anything i will need to change on that side if i am running a d16y8 right now?

Only mount you will need is the rear from a 99-00si or 94-00 gsr and transmission mount. As for wiring the conversion harness to obd1 as you said. The engine bay is pretty easy, label your connectors as to what they go to before you yank the engine. When you get the b16 in its pretty much just reconnect everything. You may have to change a plug for the iat on the intake manifold and you won't use the crankshaft sensor plug. Good luck

Quoted post[/post]]
Only mount you will need is the rear from a 99-00si or 94-00 gsr and transmission mount. As for wiring the conversion harness to obd1 as you said. The engine bay is pretty easy, label your connectors as to what they go to before you yank the engine. When you get the b16 in its pretty much just reconnect everything. You may have to change a plug for the iat on the intake manifold and you won't use the crankshaft sensor plug. Good luck
are you saying that i need 2 different mounts (the rear mount, and also a transimission mount?) or is this the same mount?

also, do i need the actual mounts or just the brackets? i was looking on hasport's website and it looks like two different products, one being a rear engine mount and the other being a rear engine bracket. do i need both or just the bracket?

Why do you have to switch to OBD 1? The B16A2 came out of the 99-00 Civic SI (OBD-2b) which your car already is.... You're gonna need the rear bracket, new shift linkage, axles and ecu. You can just run the P2T ecu and it'll plug straight up to your stock harness, and since your car is already wired for Vtec, (D16Y8) you don't have to worry about that. I'm pretty sure you're gonna have to wire in a knock sensor though.

P.S. If you decide to stay OBD-2b, I have an extra P2T ecu laying around....

i am getting a 92 to 95 b16a2 cause it is cheaper even after doing all the wiring. the ecu comes with the swap package so i dont think i will need yours, thanks for the offer though. and all i need is a rear engine bracket? eveyrthing else is fine?

Quoted post[/post]]
i am getting a 92 to 95 b16a2 cause it is cheaper even after doing all the wiring. the ecu comes with the swap package so i dont think i will need yours, thanks for the offer though. and all i need is a rear engine bracket? eveyrthing else is fine?
That is a B16A SiR II not a b16a2.. this is why you're having trouble finding the right info for the swap.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
That is a B16A SiR II not a b16a2.. this is why you're having trouble finding the right info for the swap.
so can you point me in the right direction for what i need then? i obviously have not done my homework like i thought i had. so b16a2 is usdm version? and b16a sir2 is jdm version? and if i am ordering from online and it says b16a gen 2 is that jdm or usdm? (considering the rest of what i wrote is correct)

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
so can you point me in the right direction for what i need then? i obviously have not done my homework like i thought i had. so b16a2 is usdm version? and b16a sir2 is jdm version? and if i am ordering from online and it says b16a gen 2 is that jdm or usdm? (considering the rest of what i wrote is correct)
You got it right this time... and websites and engine sellers are the main problem with why you're confused.
Some sites list the b16A SiR II as the b16a2 and it is not the same thing.
If you have a B16A 2nd Gen it is JDM, the usdm engine have a number after the last letter.
The B16A2 only came in the 99-00 civic Si USDM.
The problem with putting the B16A SiR2 into a 99-00 civic is that it is obd1 and the car is obd2 and made to mount in earlier years, but it can still be done.
You will need the 99-00 Si Rear mount bracket.
The shiftlinkage included with the engine swap will work.
You will need to get an obd2b Civic Si harness (or 99-00 Civic Ex harness), injectors, alternator and distributor... and after finding all those, you'd be better off getting the B16A2 from the 99-00 Si or even a GSR.
The b16A2 complete swap will come with about 95% of everything you need to drop it in.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
You got it right this time... and websites and engine sellers are the main problem with why you're confused.
Some sites list the b16A SiR II as the b16a2 and it is not the same thing.
If you have a B16A 2nd Gen it is JDM, the usdm engine have a number after the last letter.
The B16A2 only came in the 99-00 civic Si USDM.
The problem with putting the B16A SiR2 into a 99-00 civic is that it is obd1 and the car is obd2 and made to mount in earlier years, but it can still be done.
You will need the 99-00 Si Rear mount bracket.
The shiftlinkage included with the engine swap will work.
You will need to get an obd2b Civic Si harness (or 99-00 Civic Ex harness), injectors, alternator and distributor... and after finding all those, you'd be better off getting the B16A2 from the 99-00 Si or even a GSR.
The b16A2 complete swap will come with about 95% of everything you need to drop it in.
so if i were to buy the complete changover b16a sir2 from hmotorsonline.com for 2250 that would require me to get an si rear bracket. but i could use everythign else that came with that motor? is this correct? i already have a 99 ex wiring harness (on my car right now) but for that motor i would need to get an adapter harness for the ecu side to go from obd2b to obd1, correct?

Back