Ek cooling fan not turning on,HELP PISSOFFSOL!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

96EKB18C5

:imstupid: I own a 96 e coupe with the "grocery get'in" D16Y8. My cooling fan stopped working so I checked for the ovious, first relays, fuses,fan motor(repaced)and found nothing.So I spliced off the wire that runs the fan to a toggle switch to run it when it gets hot. Next weekend I'm doing my b18c5 swap(FINALLY!).I'd like to have the fan work normally (without the switch) so I don't forget to turn it on an cook my engine. Is this a common problem?

you should check the coolant temperature sensor. i think that is what turns on the fan.

why not wire up the fan to switched ignition so its always on when the key is on?

I don't know if it's the same on a D series motor as on a B series, but there is a temperature switch on the backside of the block that turns the fan on, not the cts. The cts is only for the ecu and coolant temp gauge.

mike on newer b series the switch is on the thermostat. the 1 wire sensor on the head is for the guage. and the one for the ecu is a seperate one on the head. i think its the same on newer d series too, but i could be wrong

Back