1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ek cooling fan not turning on,HELP PISSOFFSOL!

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by 96EKB18C5, Sep 25, 2006.

1. 96EKB18C5

96EKB18C5 New Member

:imstupid: I own a 96 e coupe with the "grocery get'in" D16Y8. My cooling fan stopped working so I checked for the ovious, first relays, fuses,fan motor(repaced)and found nothing.So I spliced off the wire that runs the fan to a toggle switch to run it when it gets hot. Next weekend I'm doing my b18c5 swap(FINALLY!).I'd like to have the fan work normally (without the switch) so I don't forget to turn it on an cook my engine. Is this a common problem?

2. 96EKB18C5

96EKB18C5 New Member

That was a EX coupe, i typed too fast whoops!

3. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

you should check the coolant temperature sensor. i think that is what turns on the fan.

why not wire up the fan to switched ignition so its always on when the key is on?

4. 96EKB18C5

96EKB18C5 New Member

Good idea, will that mess with any ignition fuses?

5. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

6. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

I don't know if it's the same on a D series motor as on a B series, but there is a temperature switch on the backside of the block that turns the fan on, not the cts. The cts is only for the ecu and coolant temp gauge.

7. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

mike on newer b series the switch is on the thermostat. the 1 wire sensor on the head is for the guage. and the one for the ecu is a seperate one on the head. i think its the same on newer d series too, but i could be wrong

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted