Ek coupe engine swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicsi94

Whats up ya'll i want some advice about a engine swap. My goal is to hit 11s ...or high 12s. I have a 98 coupe. I was thinking of a gsr turbo with a OBD1 or a H22 turbo. i'm not a fan of the B16A cuz everyone at my local track has one just about. there are only 2 gsr civics but one is hitting high 12s all motor but that was a eg hatch though and the other one the guy can't too good so he is hitting 14s with nitrous. sucks don't it. I was think of a ls turbo but faded away though. This car is going to be daily driven too. SO this is why i want a turbo more than a n/a because i will lose it and go all out on a all motor car and won't be streetable. For a turbo a can tone it down with the controller and not worry about going all out cuz i will be broke after getting that turbo.hahaha But what do you guys think? Is this a reasonable goal? And which powerplant should i use?thanks i appreciate any feedback

hahahahaha my bad i got off track there. sorry about that. The ek came from one of the examples i used at the track who has nitrous. my fault on that again i apologize for the stupid error. :blink:

Turbo H22. Go fast in a streight line...shouldn't matter that much that the motor weighs more than the rest of your car. ;) I'm not the greatest person to be giving advice about this though. I have just never seen an EK coupe. Wasn't flamin' your or anything.

yeah my fault again. Its just i don't want to get a H22 turbo and ends up too heavy not making it too good to be a daily driven car. Yes i would like a type r all motor but like i said above about me going overboard and daily driven? i would hate to be putting all those miles on a type r especially how much you have to pay for one of them.

swap a gsr and boost it and tune it properly. you should hit 12s while still being daily streetable

even with your 94 ek coupe ? lol

lol you guys swear that an h22 will make your car flip over around corners.

On a side note, the money he saves by buying an h22 he can get himself some bigger sway bars and coilovers with the correct spring rate and he will handle just about as good as your car but be faster. You can still make the car really fast and handle great. With more power comes stronger parts, brakes, suspension etc

thanks ya'll. Yes the H22 is no problem is i go all motor with it. Yes you can tell the difference in handling and can lighten the car alittle like a carbon fiber hood etc. But what i was worried about is the turbo being put on it. A turbo ain't light. lol especially for my ek coupe. sike .......i need to kill that.lol But thanks again for you'll's input. i appreciate it.

h22, type s pistons. hondata, 60-75 shot. and that money you save over a type R, but the other parts, sway bars and suspension. that way you can drive around, and when you wanna crap your pants, you flip a switch, and hit a button. besides, h22 is only bout 80lbs heavier then a b series swap. good luck. btw, h22 + juice is what i'm building too.

Back