1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ek coupe h22 swap

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by killercannible, Sep 29, 2005.

1. killercannible

killercannible Senior Member

Alright, i heard that you can make your own custom axels by mating prelude and integra axels together. Any one know how. I know i have to take off the cv boots and the u joint but which end goes where. Also i'm not sure what ecu to use, i would use a chipped p28 or p72 but redline on an h22 is only like 7200 rpm and vtec for those ecu's will be set too high for a good vtec pull. Mabey i should run a p72 and an v-afc. Just want to know what everyone thinks. Also, motor mounts, are hasport the most reliable and therfore the best choice? Because i know they are the best but they are also the most expensive. Avid mounts look good too but i want the best fit and cleanest fit.

2. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

Redline on an H22 is 8,000...power curve ends at 7,200

If you want to do something other than just a H22 in your EK, like boosting it, then go with the P72. If you are going to leave it stock, go with the P13.

I dont really know Civics too well, but doesnt EK mean OBD2...so you will need to make sure that any ecu you get is OBD2 or you will need a conversion harness.

Correct me if im wrong on the civic thing. The only civic ive ever like is the 92-95 hatch (EG if im not mistaken)

3. killercannible

killercannible Senior Member

A prelude ecu is out of the question because it requires tons of unnecasary wiring and a few extra components to keep it from throwing an error code.

4. Xaero3953

Xaero3953 Senior Member

I'm in the process of swapping an h22 into my ek also. I've done quite a bit of research and questioning, and I've concured that I'm going to boost, so a p72 is for me, and as for the axles, I'm going to just buy the Hasport conversion axles.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted