ek hatch sits too low is it due to h22 swap ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ek hatch

i got a 96 hatch with a h22 its sittin on skunk2 coilovers but its way too low in the front i only havea couple inches of clearence from the floor nd oil pan i can adjust the coil but itll be about an inch difference anythin i can do to life it a couple more inches so i can drive nd not be afraid to make a hole in my oil pan... oh it doesnt have the camber kit in front just back in a have a big toe in all help will be appreciated thamks.

Raise it up until you max them out or have around 3.25-3.5" but that is still pretty low clearance.

Otherwise.....you can put stock springs back in. Just won't look as good.

Any lowered Honda (let alone a H-swapped Civic) needs to be driven carefully on bad roads and speed bumps/driveways/etc need to be entered at an angle

i might go back to the springs the extra weight of thhe engine might lower it a little well thanks for the help

just a thought, but what of you have a couple of spacers machined to between the shock top hat and the shock tower?

if you have some cheap no name coilover sleeves on there, then the spring rates are likely very soft, and designed for a stock weight civic at that. best fix would be to get some nice coilovers with a higher spring rate. in the mean time i would just raise your current coils as high as possible. you can drive around with 3" clearance under the pan, ive done it for years. just be careful of course!

Back