EK LSVTEC - Which Exhaust / Catalytic Converter?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

revillusions

I bought a 97 Civic DX Hatchback LSVTEC with a Greddy Turbo. I need to pass for inspection and found the exhaust is leaking/broken and the catalytic coverter is not there.

Looking to upgrade to a high flow cat and a bolt on exhaust. There are not many turbo exhausts out there for a hatchback, so I was wondering, if I were to get a different catalytic converter, can I make a EK Coupe exhaust fit?

If so, when cat from what year and trim level? Ive heard people using Integra cats, but never mentioned LS or GSR, or if an exhaust made for the Civic DX bolted up to it.

The last swapped Honda I had was about 10 years ago (B16a CRX), and at the time, there were talks about being able to use b16a headers with GSR exhausts and they would bolt up eliminating the use of a test pipe/cat. I was wondering if the EKs had the same thing.

Why not just have an exhaust shop build you something or buy a custom exhaust from KTeller?

well have fun paying more for everything in life then

Never been a problem before....

Ive just seen too many custom exhaust fall apart. Also, the resale value is higher with a part made in a jig rather than someone just piecing it together to make it fit.

custom exhausts is all i've ever had.. and they work fine for me.. oh well, have fun spending $500+ on an exhaust system.. i'll spend my $250 and be just as happy knowing i got the better deal

Well obviously you'd want to take it to someplace that knows what they're doing, not just "Joe's muffler shop" that's gonna give you some crush-bent piece of crap aluminum exhaust with an APC muffler.

This is why I suggested you check out KTeller. They can custom build a stainless steel, mandrel-bent exhaust in whatever size you specify, with whatever muffler you specify, to fit whatever car you specify. This is what I did for my car and I'm very happy with the result...

its an actual place thats really good at what they do.. been around for a long time

Buy a cat and muffler you want and take it to a shop bud. Forget the off the shelf bullshit, its not worth the extra dough.

Don't buy an off-the shelf exhaust for an EK civic. None of them fit. Trust me on this one. Get one mandrel bent, and forget about it.

Buy the biggest Catalytic converter you can afford, and then get a decent quiet muffler (WS 2 FTW) and have a shop bend it up for you. Go to a shop that has a decent rep, and ask to see their mandrel bender. If they tell you to piss off, then go to the next on the list. If they show it to you, and let you come in the back to look, they're confident, and you want them. Just make sure you feel comfortable giving them your car's life. :D

Back