EK obd2 b18c running p28, inspection due. temporary ecu question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blackdahlia6

my car is obd2, engine is obd2, jumper harness to obd1, running chipped p28. thinking of running a p2e or p2p ecu JUST for the inspection since they are obd2. will the ecu work with my jumper harness or will i have to get a reverse jumper harness back to obd2? THANKS!

Your car likely wont pass inspection or run correctly with a d16 ECU. Find an obd2 P72 ECU, remove the jumper harness and run the car through emissions that way

well yeah i got my hopes up for cost lol. got a gsr ecu. thanks for the quick response, i actually forgot i posted this on here.

So my question now is, do I even need a jumper harness back to obd2 or do I just take the current jumper harness off and its plug and play with my new 98gsr ecu? Thanks in advance!

You just take the jumper harness out and plug in the new OBD2 ECU. You may have to make a few little wiring changes, but I am not 100%. The best way to find out is to plug it in and see if you get any CEL's.

Back