EK or EG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Laxer42

I have been trying to find the right Ek. but now i have come to grips and was wondering which everyone finds is the better car, An EK or EG?

The ek is a little heavier than the eg, but is newer and imo has a better interior. It really boils down to which one you think looks better.

I agree.

Do you know what in the long run will be easier to find parts and work on and mod and do all that stuff.

Do you know if an Imported Civic Type R is legal in the US

Both cars are equally easy to find parts for, and virtually the exact same mechanically. The ek is obd-2 which makes tuning a little more difficult (buy a jumper harness). The ek is also newer which means finding one that isn't rusted out alot easier.

Yeah thats what i thought.
Is it better to stay away from the already modded out ones; or is it safe to believe that they are fine.

depends on the mods, look very carefully at a modded car, especially swaps, bone up on how to do it correctly and check the work, electric tape and non-soldered connections are easy to hide and make things that much more difficult to fix when, not if, things go wrong.

the general majority of pre-modded out cars are being sold because of a problem the car has. If your worried about legal issues, take your power goals into consideration. if a tune is required, i belive your going to have to go OBD1, and that is comonly not legal to have in an OBD2 chassis. so you would be limited to the EG then.

the general majority of pre-modded out cars are being sold because of a problem the car has. If your worried about legal issues, take your power goals into consideration. if a tune is required, i belive your going to have to go OBD1, and that is comonly not legal to have in an OBD2 chassis. so you would be limited to the EG then.

I second all of that; allthough buying a modded car can save you money. A b series civic usually sells for ~$1500 more than if it were stock. It would cost alot more than that to install one yourself. You can usually tell if a car has been taken care of by analyzing the person selling it.

Back