ek swap question....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

builtcivic513

ok i have 00 civic ex and im putting 95 gsr in it.. the 95 gsr is in a 93 integra right now that is wrecked in the back. so im just gonna pick up the whole car. everyone has said that with having both cars i will have everything that i will need for the swap and wont need to buy anything...i find this a little hard to believe just cause i dont have that good of luck.. heard that i wont need any mounts if i have everything from both cars... obd1 and obd 2?? if i just use gsr ecu and the gsr harness will i have prob still??? just needing a little info thanks guys also 93 is cable clutch

If the tranny is cable you are better off not getting the transmission. I wonder if its the regular 93 transmission not the gsr tranny. I haven't kept up on new Honda products but I think someone might make a hydro-cable conversion kit but when you factor in the price of this, you are better off just getting a hydro tranny. You will have to do some conversion between obd1-obd2.
Another thing to consider depending on local laws where you live, it might not be legal to put a 95 engine into a 00 car. Again this varies on your state and if they would ever check this out.
Are you getting this car dirt cheap? Because you might be better off just getting an ob2 swap with the tranny as a package compared to trying to get this to work. This depends on experience, how much down time you can have with the car, and how much cash you have. Always save up extra since little things will come up along the way and nickel and dime you. Also make sure you do a complete tune up and install a new timing belt and water pump unless you can guarantee these were done recently as a cheap insurance.

it is the gsr tranny and im getting the whole thing for a grand and i can get 200 for the car at the scrap yard after i pull the motor out so ill only have 800 in it...i was just gonna pull the harness out and use the gsr harness in my car to fix the wiring issues... i had a sir2 put in my 96 a while back and it was cable, they hooked it up hydrolic and didnt have any huge probs and didnt charge me anymore????

ok im just gonna sell the cable tranny and buy a hydro...anyone have a ball park of what cable ones are selling for?

Back