EK4 SIR QUESTION

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the whole day at work today i was day dreaming of a b16 swap into my jdm ek3 vti with a d15b vetc motor,i imagined myself hoisting my the d15b out and lowering in a b16a gen2...

then at lunch i took a drive with nothing particular on my agenda,i then stopped at a secnd hand car dealer to see what they had,and alas two EK4 S.I.R's straight from singapore. (97 MODELS ,B16A5 STAMPED ON THE BLOCK) :worthy:

of the two cars,im interseted in a silver one that looks very sweet, 201000KM'S km's on the odo,im considering a trade in,,,but this particular S.I.R has an auto tranny :cry: ,im the type of guy who likes to slam thru through the gears myself,and enjoy the sound of a motor as it swings to 8000 + rpm,(il never buy 1 of those low revving cars that redline at 6000 rpm no matter how much power it makes)

my question is ,suppose i buy this S.I.R what would it entail to switch to a manual tranny would it just be the ecu and gearbox swap?????

werd. its kinda complicated, but if you find yourself very mechanically inclined it could be done in about a week....of 6 hour days. youll also need a new console shift linkage...shifter, and as ykwib said, youll need the pedal assemblies, clutch cable, master and slave cylinder and the tranny clutch and flywheel. youll also need to modify your wiring harness.

(did i forget anything?) Oh your auto tranny ECU is kinda detuned, so you might wanna try and find a P30 manual tranny ECU to run your sir.

An OBD2 B16A manual transmission ecu from the same market where this EK4 came from is highly recommended to save on getting a conversion harness or conversion, as well as avoiding CELs for missing VTEC oil pressure switch and crankshaft position sensor.

EK4 SiR B16A engines from singapore are the same as JDM Civic EK Si SiII, has no VTEC oil pressure switch and crankshaft position sensor.

Back