ELD ELECTRONIC LOAD DETECTOR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnold4

I just did a swap recently I put a 97 jdm gsr motor in my 99 ls. the only prblem now is it keeps blowing the sp alternator sensor fuse an dthen throws th ELD code.
What should I do?

what ECU are you using to run this? (I ask for the hell of it - shouldn't really matter cause...)

It sounds to me like you have an electrical issue. Specifically, I'd look for shorted wires. Blown fuses are the usual visible problem that is caused by shorted wiress. The ELD measures electrical load. I would bet your ELD code after the fuse popping is the ECU detecting the short causing an electrical overload. I'd look carefully at any wiring you modified during the swap. I'd also try unplugging any stereo amplifiers you may have, and check any power wires for them very carefully. Normally these problems fit together...

I might be 100% wrong here too - I'd like some of the other geniuses here to give their opinion too.

Originally posted by radnulb@Nov 23 2003, 07:40 PM
what ECU are you using to run this? (I ask for the hell of it - shouldn't really matter cause...)

It sounds to me like you have an electrical issue. Specifically, I'd look for shorted wires. Blown fuses are the usual visible problem that is caused by shorted wiress. The ELD measures electrical load. I would bet your ELD code after the fuse popping is the ECU detecting the short causing an electrical overload. I'd look carefully at any wiring you modified during the swap. I'd also try unplugging any stereo amplifiers you may have, and check any power wires for them very carefully. Normally these problems fit together...

I might be 100% wrong here too - I'd like some of the other geniuses here to give their opinion too.

Well you cant really be wrong. Why?

Reason 1 - The car didn't have this problem before the swap, and...
Reason 2 - The car has this problem after the swap.

When you swap, more often than not you do extra wiring. So check whatever wiring you did to the harness, etc. and you should be able to find the problem. If you cant find any problems with the wiring, replace the alternator. Because alternators dont only fail to charge the system, they can also OVER Charge the system causing a surge and burning a Fuse(s).

remeber dude the ELD is a USDM part only, grab a jdm fuse box and be G2G!!

eld usually means you missed a ground. make sure youve got the thermostat ground, the engine (valve cover) ground and the transmission ground.

ive gotta jdm engine in the prelude and when i attached the tranny ground the code went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back