ELD in Pin #B19

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

motorcycleguy

Went to wire up my ecu for VTEC, after my JDMb16a swap into my 1990 integra, and I found that the ecu pin # b19 was already occupied. I removed the pin and wired up my knock sensor. My ecu is throwing a trouble code for my vtec. I was informed that I need my knock sensor to work for my vtec to work. I checked the reference articles here and I was wondering if anybody can tell me what an ELD is? Is it a necessity? If so and i need to hook it back up what do I do about my Knock sensor?

Originally posted by motorcycleguy@Nov 4 2004, 12:09 AM
Went to wire up my ecu for VTEC, after my JDMb16a swap into my 1990 integra, and I found that the ecu pin # b19 was already occupied. I removed the pin and wired up my knock sensor. My ecu is throwing a trouble code for my vtec. I was informed that I need my knock sensor to work for my vtec to work. I checked the reference articles here and I was wondering if anybody can tell me what an ELD is? Is it a necessity? If so and i need to hook it back up what do I do about my Knock sensor?
[post=411693]Quoted post[/post]​

I beleive ELD is = Electric Load Detector Unit

Originally posted by motorcycleguy@Nov 3 2004, 11:09 PM
pin # b19 was already occupied. I removed the pin and wired up my knock sensor. My ecu is throwing a trouble code for my vtec. I was informed that I need my knock sensor to work for my vtec to work.

all you needed to do was cut the wire and run it from the pin to the knock sensor. throwing a knock sensor code will refrain from vtec activating...but just because vtec won't activate because of another code doesn't mean it'll throw the vtec code...since your are throwing vtec and not knock sensor, the wiring for vtec is wrong, not the knock sensor

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR+Nov 4 2004, 01:24 AM-->
motorcycleguy
@Nov 3 2004, 11:09 PM
pin # b19 was already occupied. I removed the pin and wired up my knock sensor. My ecu is throwing a trouble code for my vtec. I was informed that I need my knock sensor to work for my vtec to work.

all you needed to do was cut the wire and run it from the pin to the knock sensor. throwing a knock sensor code will refrain from vtec activating...but just because vtec won't activate because of another code doesn't mean it'll throw the vtec code...since your are throwing vtec and not knock sensor, the wiring for vtec is wrong, not the knock sensor
[post=411729]Quoted post[/post]​

I have a PR3 ecu, its flashing code 21, when i check my vtec solenoid by supplying 12 volts to the wire I can hear it click. I checked the wire and my connection to the ecu and everything checks out.

Back