Electrical/Audio Bullshit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Right now, the majority of blank Cd brands I use are HP LaserJet M2727....um, wtf ever that means lol. I'm anything-electronically impaired, sorry lol.

I don't think I can return it. I'm pretty sure I got it in early May, but it could've been late April too.....Shit, actually I think it was in early April. Sorry guys. But I'll take a day this weekend to check the grounds.
You guys are gonna hate me for this, but I am missing one engine mount that I am aware of. I haven't replaced it yet. Could that cause so much extra movement that it fucks up my grounds?

Lol. My home theater puts out that much RMS per channel. 110W is probably the PMPO power rating, Peak Music Power Output.

Basicly they take the max instantanious power output, multiply it by the voltage, while dividing by the square root of the actual wattage, then multiply it by the square of the square root of the cube of their oldest living relative's age. Yeah, it's a BS rating system.

AHAh. Yeah, I'm not sure. Like I said

<------Down syndrome at anything electrical.

^^^
Don't worry about it. I say everything's down syndrome. I say and/or think anything and everything politically incorrect. I think, like others have said, stereotypes and such were put in place for a reason.

Umm, not sure about the whole not playing CD's randomly, but Ill take a shot at the buzzing. That can usually be caused by the amp ground. In one of my cars the buzzing was always present, but I couldnt hear it over the music at typical volumes, but when the volume was all the way down or close to it, the buzzing could be heard. (maybe the same case for you, test it and see) Anyways, the amp ground needs to be fairly short, and the wire need to be heavy enough to effectivly ground the amp. If the wire is long and fairly light, try a new wire. Also, make sure the grounding point in sufficient. I.E. dont ground to a painted surface, to a dirty surface or to plastic. If that doesnt clear it follow the same steps on your head unit's ground. GL with it.

the radio is most likely 180/200/or 208 watts. Probably 208 if it's nice.

I would imagine that the ground for the radio might be disconnected. Who installed it? If it was put in by Circuit City or something, maybe take it back there and have them check their work. They might have f'd up a ground wire.

I had a kid I know modify the harness and I installed it. Basically plug and play though, for my part of it. I'll look into it....

Right now, the majority of blank Cd brands I use are HP LaserJet M2727....um, wtf ever that means lol. I'm anything-electronically impaired, sorry lol.

Laserjet M2727 would be a printer, not a blank CD-R

I have had CD-Rom drives and Car Audio CD players just stop reading discs as well. Usually it's the CD drive.

As far as hearing a buzzing noise while while accelerating. It's usually alternator noise on the power lines to a stereo or an Amp, it's a very common problem in car audio

I don't know anything about electronics and the such. I said that. I just read what was on the CD case.

My alternaor belt squeaks, is that a problem?

Just replace the belt? Any special tips for that?

Nothing special. They are actually pretty easy to replace. I find having a pry bar is quite handy so you can pull the belt tight...

When you loosen up the alternator, switch out belts, and go to put it back together/tighten it, you will need something to take the slack out of the belt. I have always put a pry bar in there and pulled it while someone else tightens down the bolts...

Okay. Hey, I can research it, but I'm at work, so....how much for a new belt? I'll use my guide to put the new one in. I figure it's about time to change it out. Will that help with anything in particular, such as acceleration, electrical issues, etc?

I think the last time I had to buy one it was only about $15 or so. It's been a while, so don't hold it against me if that isn't the case.

Okay, I'll try not to lol. Just kidding. But I'll see what my budget is. Chances are it's never, ever been changed out.

Really though, are there any immediate benefits to changing it out? I'm just curious.

Back