Electrical Boo Boo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mikeislord

So I go to start my car today, turn the key to elecrical on, all the indicator lights come on like normal, turn the key to start it and all the electrical stuff goes out, car doesnt do anything. Now when i turn the key around, absolutely nothing happens, no lights, no nothing. I'm going to start fiddling around out there but in the meanwhile, if anyone has any ideas whats up, lemme know. It did snow last night, wondering if any moisture in the car might have shorted the ECU or something.

Update: checked battery voltage. indicator lights came back on again, went away when i cranked it, which didnt crank at all, just shut off as i said previously. when i turn the key to electrical on, it faintly turns the indicator lights on, i kept turning the key from electrical off to electrical on and the indicators were weak, then strong again, then weak. So i figured that there is a loose connection of some kind, possibly to the dizzy. But when i went to lock my doors I decided to check the power locks, and those too arent working right. Fucking shit. Help.

Replace your battery. It wouldn't be a weak connection at the Distributor, if your light are fading, your POWER locks aren't working, car wont Start, obviously its a POWER issue. Replace your battery.

Battery voltage is 12.7, nothing wrong there.

EDIT: Update, got it started. The negative terminal is basically falling apart so it wasnt making a good connection. Thanks MXDesa, because a quick double check and I got it.

No Problem bro, good things you found it. By the way a battery starts a car with amperage, not voltage. A battery can have 12.5 votls but have 50 Cold Cranking Amps when its supposed to be 450 CCA. A quality battery tester is good to have.

Anyway, glad you found it :thumbsup:

Back