Electrical help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RickParker

The fuseable link that controls the taillights, instrument panel and one other thing keeps blowing its number 19. Not too sure about electrical and the wiring. Completely stumped on this one. It requires a 30 amp but even when i put a 7.5, 10, 15, 20 and even a 40 it keeps blowing. I asked numerous people including garages that specialize in hondas and noone can tell me why. Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?

check where the tail light wiring comes n to the tail light itself the metal surroundings where the wire runs through at coulda cut the wires busting the fuses .(if u already havent checked).
if one of ur bulbs is blown in the instruemnt panel or tail lights itself the prongs coulda got together after it blowed and cause this sorta prob also. i seen some crazy stuff w bulbs n wiring lol..

Stop putting fuses in there before you damage the wiring. If you put a higher rated fuse, you will burn the wire.

I have a hard time believing that in all the people you've asked, no one could tell you what causes a fuse to blow. It's extremely common. At some point, the wire is shorted to ground. You can confirm this by setting a multimeter to continuity and putting one probe to the load side of the fuse plug, and the other probe to the bare metal of the chassis.

Do you have an alarm or any modification to the wiring such as ricer fender lights, glow gauges, fog lights, or anything like that?

bringing this back to life.. My galant now does the same thing and still have found no solution.. anyone have some suggestions that could help??

Back