Electrical questions B16a2 Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatchbuild10

Ok so 99 civic dx hatchback swapped a B16a2 into it. Got a intake manifold, intake, headers and a catback exhaust. so here is the question at what point should I start think about exchanging and upgrading my fuel injectors, fuel rail, fuel regulators, throttle position sensor, map sensor, o2 sensor, ecu and whatever I need.

This is my first swap and I have been looking around on how to do this swap and a majority has came from trial and error. So now the engine is in with the upraded bolt ons but now I want more power and I been reading that some are replacing these items. But where do i go to find these parts and at what point do I really need to?

upgrading the tps, fuel regulator, fuel rail, etc isnt going to yield any more power.
if your engine is internally stock, you need to make a choice. are you going to go all motor or go with some sort of forced induction?
the internal build on the engine will vary based upon the route you decide to go.

forget upgrading all the shit you mentioned in the first post for now. injectors, fuel pump, and map sensor are the first things that get changed in a forced induction setup. larger fuel injectors allow you to keep the air fuel ratio proper. upgraded fuel pump feeds the injectors the fuel they demand (stock fuel pump will not cut it at a certain point) and an upgraded map sensor will recognize a pressure level above 11psi and not send the ecu in to limp mode.

while your engine is internally stock, you do not need to worry about the upgrades you have listed.

ok. Thanks. So if I am going to stroke my engine I should worry about fuel after i stroke it? Or do i need to worry about that first. Also know of a good business to talk to one on one for more info? I am in cali. Overall I would love to go all motor but after driving a turbo'ed b16 i want to go torbo route. with about 6 lbs of boost. I would love morethan anything to drop 10,000 into an engine but lets be series!! I got 3,000. suggestion please!!

If you still have 3000, why did you get a b16? I would look for used turbo parts in your area. Keep in mind you will need money for tuning. You should consider upgrading your valvetrain as well.

Back