Elingsh uinervtisy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
I found this to be quite interesting.

languagehat rdiaeng suocre

RDIAENG.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe. ceehiro.

mroe on tle sejbuct

pattern recognition in natural language
partten regociniotn suocre

The following snippet of text has been circulating on the net for a while: "... randomising letters in the middle of words [has] little or no effect on the ability of skilled readers to understand the text. This is easy to denmtrasote. In a pubiltacion of New Scnieitst you could ramdinose all the letetrs, keipeng the first two and last two the same, and reibadailty would hadrly be aftcfeed. My ansaylis did not come to much beucase the thoery at the time was for shape and senqeuce retigcionon. Saberi's work sugsegts we may have some pofrweul palrlael prsooscers at work. The resaon for this is suerly that idnetiyfing coentnt by paarllel prseocsing speeds up regnicoiton. We only need the first and last two letetrs to spot chganes in meniang."

You can also try writing texts replacing vowels with hyphens, or as I did once, replacing vowels with schwas in a digitized recording of a spoken text. L-ng--g- -s -n -m-z-ngl- c-mpl-x th-ng.

in any case, to some extent I bet someone could create a very nice encryption out of this technique, keeping the first and last leters the same scamble the middle and the do a DES on it , even if it was intercepted it wouldn't be clear at first it'd look like scrambled letters.

waht a fkncugik wtase of my tmie. i wnat teh terhe metunis i dbrllteeaeiy uesd to try and chneomrepd tihs dblbrile....

see? when the words are re-arranged in a deliberate pattern, they DONT make any sense

/corck of siht

Originally posted by sisteve@Sep 16 2003, 01:06 PM
tahnk you dirve trhu

Wmcleoe to MnlDcdoas, wluod yuo lkie to tyr teh nwe Mcoftry ocune?

Back