em2 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

honda917

i am getting my hands on an 09 tsx motor with low miles, ( totally legit ) i was woundering what u think about this motor with, and with out a type s swap,
thanks

i am getting a k24z3 motor i was wounder if i should keep that head or put the type s head on it i know the cams r good but the head in general is what i was woundering about

if before i get it in i come across a head i will put the head with the tsx cams

I thought it made a huge difference to swap to the K20 head?

It does if it's just the basic K24 engine that they had been putting in the 03-07 Accords and the CR-Vs and Elements, but the TSX version is pretty potent right off the bat. I don't know if a head swap would really be worth the expense. It would probably be cheaper to just source a 2.4 liter block and the a Type S head separately...

i know what u mean but the tsx motor is free, so i will just use it for what it is then thanks for the help

Ah, So what you are saying is that the TSX uses vtec on both cams as opposed to just one side like the CR-V, etc?

i know what u mean but the tsx motor is free, so i will just use it for what it is then thanks for the help

I don't think you understood what I was getting at. The TSX motor is good, it doesn't need a head swap. Just use it like it is...

Ah, So what you are saying is that the TSX uses vtec on both cams as opposed to just one side like the CR-V, etc?

Correct!

I don't think you understood what I was getting at. The TSX motor is good, it doesn't need a head swap. Just use it like it is...
Correct!

X2... 09' TSX most likely is low mileage, mint engine. Don't crack it open to swap head. Besides the TSX head flows just as good as a K20A2/Z1 RSX head.

Back