Email Spoof.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
I just got one of these... but i assure you, it did not come from me.

if you got one, delete it without openeing it.

Dear Hondaswap Member,

Your e-mail account was used to send a huge amount of unsolicited spam messages during the recent week. If you could please take 5-10 minutes out of your online experience and confirm the attached document so you will not run into any future problems with the online service.

If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choice but to cancel your membership.

Virtually yours,
The Hondaswap Support Team

+++ Attachment: No Virus found
+++ Hondaswap Antivirus - www.hondaswap.com

Viruses found in the attached files.
The file email-details.zip: Trojan horse BackDoor.Generic.MET. The attachment was moved to the virus vault.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.408 / Virus Database: 268.13.2/472 - Release Date: 10/11/2006
lol hondaswap antivirus? please

and www????? yeah, ok bud :p

hondaswap no longer uses www's, in case you haven't noticed :p

Last edited:
wow...thats fucked up...thanks for the heads up B

what email acct did it come from? were there any footers?

its NOT from a hondaswap server. someone spoofed it.
i got a bunch of bounces (like brenda @h ondaswap .com that doesn't exist) so it might have just been targeted to hondaswap .com email addresses, i don't know.

Why doesn't HS have the www anymore, and whats the purpose of it?

you think so...if its so depreciated, why do i have to tell every customer "Okay, it looks like youre online. Now i want you to delete everything in the address bar. that includes www and http://. now, this address does not have a www in it, its just start.verizon.net"

if it was so depreciated i wouldnt have to waste my time to say that line. ive tried not saying it and every time i get that joker that thinks he knows better than me.

yea i agree...its not so depreciated yet...many websites, including the most popular ones, have "www"...so people are going to think "www" is legit...

Back