Embarassing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AccordH22PWr

Yeah... simply put im not good with wiring. I have a 93 civic ex coupe and im installing an amp. *sigh* i hate to ask this but where do you guys ground your amp to in the trunk? I wanna know the best possible place. Thanks a ton

Anywhere on the metal! na just joking. but really Anywhere solid. Just make sure of two things (1) Dont screw into the fuel tank and (2) make sure the the area is sanded or scraped down clean. that means no paint,glue or anything. If you dont ask you'll never know. ;)
:bo:

another thing, see if you have any existing bolts(normally behind the seats) that you can loosen up, slip the o-ring and bolt down again. And remember to scrape really clean!

all depends on your amp location....

you can put a self tapper just about anywhere
but if you want a stock location then just look under the carpet or whatever your amp is on...

thats right amigo. Just please make sure everything is tight and secure. By that i mean the wires not frizzing all out of the o-ring, and the wire coming loose. Your amps gotta be bolted down so it doesnt move and yank some wires out also. You prolly already know this but man.... ive seen my share of idiots who love to cut corners and think," ohh thats fine, it'll hold"

If its a small amp, and are using light guage wire, you could just use a factory ground if its available. If its heavy guage, just drill a hole, sand it and put a ring connector around a bolt.

use lock tight on the bolt then when is all tight spray a coat of paint over it to seal it from moisture

unscrew the 14mm bolts from under the carpet in the back towards the tail lights and sand it bare and put the o ring throung the bolt and tight it up and you should be good. When i had my last system thats what i did. :rip_1: alpine type - r

ohh amn i remember you. i posted on your topic about the sorry ass theives. Sorry that had to happen.

i use the back seat seat belt bolts
and just like ever one says clean up the surface
i use my cordless drill and a 3 inch wire wheel
because i am to lazy to use sand paper and the wire wheel workd just as good
:beer:

Originally posted by Taco15+Jan 28 2005, 04:24 PM-->
Anywhere on the metal! na just joking. but really Anywhere solid. Just make sure of two things (1) Dont screw into the fuel tank and (2) make sure the the area is sanded or scraped down clean. that means no paint,glue or anything. If you dont ask you'll never know. ;)
:bo:
[post=452721]Quoted post[/post]​
Great advise just make sure when checking the area also check for clearance to where you will not hit brake lines or anything else like wiring.

Taco15
@Jan 28 2005, 04:28 PM
another thing, see if you have any existing bolts(normally behind the seats) that you can loosen up, slip the o-ring and bolt down again. And remember to scrape really clean!
[post=452726]Quoted post[/post]​

This is not the best way to ground your amp just because you should always use a separate ground for amps.

Dont worry about asking for help isnt that why these forum are made?

Back