Emission How to fucken reduce NOX anyone..?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bossman032

anyone know how to reduce NOX and fucken HC??

NOX:
MAX: 720 NEED TO PASS.
MEAS: 1667

HC:
MAX: 93 NEED TO PASS.
MEAS: 140

both a 15MPH have a new cat plugs dizzy wires etc fuck getting pissed ..

let me know if you have a solution..

First off, have a trusted mechanic inspect your emissions equipment on the car. It may be old or in previous misuse. Check the MAF, Sensors, and the (i think) Intake Manifold and Exhaust Manifold for the sensors in there. If you have a CAI, check the sensor on that if it has one. The BIGGEST thing that you can do to help emissions, is purchase a brand new Catalyctic Converter. Do some homework on the different brands, and which one gives you the best emissions possible for your car. Send those companies an email about wanting to know their test results. You may even be able to use a High-Flow Catalyctic Converter ^_^.

OBD1 swap.

trying to pass fuckin ref failing the 15mph test HC and NOX only rest is OK.

have a new cat and shit..??

anyshit I can try to put in the gas

Eh, I live in SoCal so when we talk about emissions, imma go hardcore on it.

Originally posted by bossman032@Dec 6 2003, 12:19 AM
OBD1 swap.

try fixing your air/fuel ratio.

Originally posted by K2e2vin+Dec 5 2003, 11:42 PM-->
bossman032
@Dec 6 2003, 12:19 AM
OBD1 swap.

try fixing your air/fuel ratio.

how do I fix it bro???

if you have a solution please let me know.. :)

well if your car is EFI, like most new cars, you might want to go to a Honda technician(if your car is a Honda), they have the software to tune the ecu.
if its carbureted, change the jets.

Lucas total fuel system cleaner. Put this shit in your tank and I swear to you it works miracles man. Try it. Any auto store should carry it.

Which motor is this on? (if i missed something please dont flame)

i had similer problems with my b16a and all i did was a quick tune up and found out the 02 sensors where in the wrong spot, so i switched them, and it passed emissions fine.....

I think its the freaking GUY thats testing your car that doesnt want you to pass,Im also in Los Angeles and these fuckers love to make you fail.

This is what happend to me i take my car down smog place,I say go for it test it please homeboys says you wanna pre test it ,so it wont go into the system only 20.00 bucks and if it passed i would need to pay another 60 for the actual test so i say fuck no test it and thats it so HE DINT LIKE THAT.And to my surprise
IT FAILED he says i can fix it for $180.00 Sure dick i thought.....so im pissed ....I go to another place where suppossedly
everyone passed and its a smog test ONLY PLACE GUESS WHAT IT PASSED
this was all done in less than 1 hour from the first test.

MORAL try another smog place give the guy a good pre test TIP 20bucks or so.

hope this helps.

also, i forgot to add....... BE SURE TO GET THE CAR NICE AND HOT BEFORE THE TEST, SO THE CAT-CONVERTER CAN DO ITS JOB...... so if your testing it ice cold, thats probably not helping any.....

It's always funny to report to the state/city those certain 'test' facilities that 'suggest' a pretest for you to pass. I don't understand Cal-missions laws being in the midwest, but when there's somebody trying to fuck ya when you're really trying to play fair, then they have it coming.

I live in Toronto and we have e-testing,Some of my buddies went to Home depo, and picked up some paint thiner for like 15 bucks.It has another name I just can think of it right now but anyways and there car passes. All they did is put the paint thiner in a empty tank and ran 89 octane. It didn't hert the car at all. But if worse come's to worse I would of tryied it but I was doing my swap. So it was to late.

Back