emission problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zap45

today i failed emissions, the guy said car was running rich to much fuel.
my question is how can adjust my car to pass and not run rich. how can i cut down on the fuel, right now its getting too much fuel.

what car/engine/ecu/tuning setup/obd/ etc....

we need some more info than that

Well if you have any codes, that's probably why your burning rich. Essentially the check engine light or your ecu throwing codes has something to do with the emissions of the car and means its polluting the atmosphere, and it'll change the air fuel ratio to compensate for whatever isn't right, and generally burn rich. If you notice your gas mileage isn't good anymore, this would also be a reason why.

If it hasn't been tuned in a while I would change spark plugs, cap, rotor and wires if they look shitty.

Clean the fuel injectors. That's most likely the problem.

How bad did it fail?

Depending upon how bad it failed, will tell you how bad things are. If it's been running real rich for an extended period of time, the cat could be burned out. That will make emissions worse. You should have noticed gas mileage worsening if that's the case.

Post up the smog dyno numbers please.

Everything else pass except HC 244 over 188, when it was off timing it dump alot of fuel i will change the cat converter

Bad fuel pressure regulator? What kind of fuel pressure you have? What about an injector that is sticking open? Or not closing all the way.

Back