Emissions Vacuum Lines Removal

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EGLsVtec93

I want to neaten up my firewall/engine bay so Iwas wondering if I can remove some of those vacum line coming from the emissions can on the firewall or remove the can itself...and what are the consequences?

Consequences would be failing emissions.I removed my EGR system,but the B16 doesn't use it,sooo..I kept my canister though.

you removed egr system?do you have any pics?cuz i just put in a b16 and need to know what to do with that stuff

s3ed0e7a0138a8.jpg

EGR where it is now,on the table in my house...

s3ed0bd932bf2e.jpg

do i need it for my lsvtec setup (b16 head) i want t remove the big cannister the most can I, th egr is small why did u just remove that? any reasons?

Originally posted by EGLsVtec93@May 25 2003, 06:23 PM
do i need it for my lsvtec setup (b16 head) i want t remove the big cannister the most can I, th egr is small why did u just remove that? any reasons?

It's useless with a B16,it doesn't hook to anything,and it was cramped up against my IM,the evap canister has a purpose (recirculates fuel vapors back in to engine to be burned.) and all the connections have a home,so it stayed.

so if i take that whole system out the car will run good? has anyone else done this?just wanna be sure you know....

The EGR system isn't that vital if you don't have emmisions in your area,but for all intensive purposes, I fall by the rule, if the manufacturer put it on the car , it has a purpose, so leave it alone. As far as the Evap canister goes, It really wont make a diiference if it;s not there, but we all care about the environment, now don't we?

heres what i got goin on right now jdm b16 with skunk2 im and right now i got all the vac lines hookin up to something..so now since you guys say the b doesnt need it then what do i do or do you think itll work with them all hooked up?

right now i got the fpr hooked up to the manifold..should i leave it or do i tee it up with a dif line?sorry for all the questions just tryin to figure all that shit out..and how did you get that saying under your name that says im so high right now i dont know what im doin?

Back