Emissions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cycloneb18c3

I went through inspection and my car has been branded as a reject. Its a 91 integra with a 2000 civic si engine(b16a2). here are the results:

GAS-----STANDARD------READING
N0x 1088 331---------PASS
HC 141 288---------FAIL
CO% 0.79 7.16--------FAIL

Everything else I passed perfect(safety, visual inspection, etc..)
What really pissed me off is the guy before me had an old POS truck with no cat(riding behind him on the way could smell he had no cat) and he passed. I was figuring they are testing my car for a b18 that is like 13 years old and should have pretty high emissions. I couldnt belive that even a 2000 year engine would fail by that much.
I have a good cat in it, all emissions garbage, timings fine, wires are alright, plugs I checked they look like the engines runnin fine, cant think of what it could be. It looks like it is getting too much unburnt gas out the exhaust, while I do have the stock b18 ls injectors, i thought they had the same fuel flow.
My car has the engine which is stock b16, aem intake, tanabe exhaust, nology powercore coil amp.

the motor is wired for obd-0-distributer, injectors, alternator. its still running a stock PR4(LS) ECU. I am ordering a PR3 this week(althought it wont help)

Back