emmissions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
I have emmissions due like in early march? What do they check for? Im in maryland btw...

i live in MD also, i dont think that they are too strict.. i know MANY people with swaps that pass no probs.

I don't know about MD- but what many states have done, is gone to a direct OBD scan. They don't use the sniffer anymore, they just trust in emission controls to do their job, and if they are not there will be a code. So if you are code free, you should be fine.

Edit- you may want to call ahead and check on what ever BS has been put into action recently. i.e. , Despite living in GA my car stays registered in NC for insurance purposes (cheaper)- which means that I have to be inspected there. I drove home this year, after having had no problems the previous years to find new rules. Illegal rules. The guy told me that per their last state meeting, they were instructed to fail any car with an intake or aftermarket headlight bulbs, ect. Regardless of C.A.R.B. exemption number or D.O.T approval (which he didn't know what those meant). Thankfully he took pity on the fact that I had just driven 400 mile to get my sticker and passed me anyway. I told him that this was not legal and explained what those stickers meant, only to get a blank stare. :blink:

Back