employment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

"last resort" isn't the best way to think about either. its more of life enrichment if you allow it to be. think about like dating this really hot chick, and on weekends she allows you to bang other hot chicks that pay you for your service. then once a year,(or not) you take one of those other hot chicks on a 1-2 week vacation. all with a big shit eating grin on your face. cheers!

scott

lol sounds interesting, I'm just a little iffy about it because everyone I know that joined up hate it and got fucked over in one way or the other

almost all the people that had bad experiences did so because:

1. its the military, not hollywood.

2. they had unrealistic expectations.

3. you can't tell a 17 year old shit.

take away all the pride, history, and purpose and all you have left is what it really is. a J-O-B. just take the time to educate yourself. then take more time. theres nobody gonna benefit except you. imagine retiring when you're 40.

scott

Yea this is all true, I've actually considered it for awhile, I took NJROTC in highschool for 3 years so if I did decide to join I could join at somewhat of an advantage as an E3 or maybe it was E4, I honestly don't remember but whatever the case I guess it just all boils down to I don't want to get pulled into a pointless war, maybe thats unrealistic to think and generalize of the entire military maybe not, I honestly couldn't tell you.

Choose your job wisely.

My best friend is a combat medic (91 whiskey). He's in the thick of things. His good days are sewing up iraqi's. His bad days, are well, horrible.

I have another friend. He's some type of electrician. Digs it hella.

Back