employment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bitch?
ha, not really.
its just the best thing to do.

im on good terms with the president and vice president of the company i work at.
if they like you, your chances of getting fired go down. even if you fuck up.

yea I understand what you mean man, You just about have to kiss ass to get ANYWHERE....

well, i was working in detail, but not for the actual dealership, was an outside contractor.
in that job, i got in good with the managers of the pre-owned store, Subaru, Mazda, Infiniti, and Nissan.
then i started seeing the president and vice pres of the company, started chatting them up, shaking their hands, and figured out the way to impress them. its all in reading the people.
business people are a little harder bc they spend their careers covering up their give-aways.
but the vise president is 6'10" tall. the guy is huge.
i watch him talk to people and this is how it goes:
he shakes their hands,
doesnt let go of their hand for the beginning of the conversation,
he uses that couple of seconds to hold you in place while he slowly starts lean over you.

in doing this he intimidates the person, they start leaning away from him, he has control of the conversation and takes it where he wants to go.

im just shy of 6ft. but when he would talk to me, he would start doing that, i wouldnt let go of his hand first, i made him pull away, but also, as he started leaning over me, i started stretching up, not away. every conversation we have, our faces are close, bc neither of us will back down. but im assuming he had respect for that, bc im in good favor with him.

the president was different. he liked shaking hands, and using names.
everytime i saw him, i would shake his hand, even if i had seen him just an hour ago.
and i would bs with him. his big impression was when i cleaned up, got out of my detail clothes and dressed nice, then told him and all of the other management that i wanted to try selling, that i liked the company and wanted to work there instead of just working for them.
he backed it completly, and pushed it through.

i dont care for sales, i found that i dont really like it, so i decided to go to school, and asked my manager about doing something else, so he's working with me to find a good paying position that can work around school hours.

if they like you, they will find anything to keep you there.

if you are a fuckbag, you will be out in a day.

it means you have to take the shit, kiss the ass that needs to be kissed, and also be prepared to scrap your way through the trash that is there.

working in the detail shop, i busted my ass to make sure i was better than the other guys, especially the detailers at nissan.
i made them look like shit every chance i got.

thats what got me in really good with the used car managers.

jesus christ man thats near paperback status right there....lol
I can see what you mean though.
I worked in sales for a couple of weeks selling the most useless shit for major amounts of money. for a couple of days we had to sell a combo kit that included a toilet bowl cleaner, air fresheners, and bathtub antislip grips, stuff you could pick up at the dollar store for $5 max for all of it and we we're selling them for $25 a kit. I sold 22 of them and made pretty good money , was averaging $130 a day, however we would have to drive 4 hours a day and my car is/was unstable so I had to give it up. I'm glad I did it though I gained alot of experience and I think I could sell an ice tray to an Eskimo now :D.
I got a call today from an old friend from school who I havent talked to in over a year and he apparently got me a job with a company painting apartments for $8 an hour, 5 days a week, 9 hours a day. So starting tomorrow I'll be working there 8-5:30 then at the body shop from 6-12
so if I seem to disappear you know why...lol

I worked in sales for a couple of weeks selling the most useless shit for major amounts of money. for a couple of days we had to sell a combo kit that included a toilet bowl cleaner, air fresheners, and bathtub antislip grips, stuff you could pick up at the dollar store for $5 max for all of it and we we're selling them for $25 a kit. I sold 22 of them and made pretty good money , was averaging $130 a day, however we would have to drive 4 hours a day and my car is/was unstable so I had to give it up. I'm glad I did it though I gained alot of experience and I think I could sell an ice tray to an Eskimo now :D.

So you had to drive yourself out to meet clients? Did they pay for your gas or anything? Or was it pretty much one of those independent contractor type things where they give you the stuff to sell and you're pretty much on your own for everything?

yea they just gave us shit and was like SELL!!! so if we went through $70 in gas in a week and made no sales then you came out in the negatives which was another turn off. The management was very unprofessional, constant cussing, acting like children. Every day before work thy had what they called the $20 bill bitch contest....that was interesting,

yea they just gave us shit and was like SELL!!! so if we went through $70 in gas in a week and made no sales then you came out in the negatives which was another turn off. The management was very unprofessional, constant cussing, acting like children. Every day before work thy had what they called the $20 bill bitch contest....that was interesting,

Gotcha. Yeah I interviewed for a job like that once. They signed me up for an "observance day" with "one of the company's best reps" so I could see what the job was like. When I showed up, I found out Mr. Super Rep was a 19-year-old kid with no college education (I was 23 at the time with a bachelor's degree). I knew I should have walked the fuck away at that point, but no, I went along with it...

So we go out to this guy's car and get in along with a recently-hired guy that Super Rep was "training." We start driving out to a subdivision about 30 minutes away to "meet with some clients." As we're driving dude pulls out a coupon book and starts talking about the great deals in it.

Yeah. It's fucking door-to-door coupon book sales.

I spent all day walking around some neighborhood in my suit and nice shoes (it was raining half the day) watching this jackass try to sell coupon books. Half the people in the neighborhood were pissed off that we were even there, it was a no soliciting area. They tell people they're allowed to do it though because a tiny stipend of the profits from the coupon book sales goes toward supporting a wheelchair basketball team, thereby allowing them to claim "non-profit" status.

So yeah, I find out that nobody actually gets paid any type of wage in this job. You get to keep $10 from every coupon book sold, and that's it. There's no base salary, there's no allowance for gas and food while you're on the road or for rental cars, there's no benefits whatsoever, it's all commission from the stupid books.

When we finally got back to the company's office (which is a fucking joke because it's shared with two other "companies" that work exactly the same way) they asked me how soon I could start...

I told them to fuck off and walked out the door...no joke...

Holy crap, that was a long-ass post, lol...sorry for the threadjack...

Anyhoo, my point was that jobs like that are total crap. They're scams, they really are. Companies that operate like that have no overhead at all, because they don't actually have any employees. Everyone's an independent contractor and is expected to cover all their own expenses. It's a load of crap...

BUT...

If you had any success with it, then I'd encourage you to try and find a real sales job. One that has a base pay, benefits, expenses covered, etc. Imagine how much more money you would have made if you were getting a base plus having your travel expenses covered? A hell of a lot more I'd be willing to bet...

Not everybody can sell stuff, it really is a talent. So if you're good at it, then I'd encourage you to take that talent and experience and pursue legit sales jobs.

Fuck sales. I can do it well, but I could never do that for a living. Working as a restaurant as a server for a few years has me fed up with people. If you can do it, go for it, but I'd end up strangling someone if I had to dell shit everyday.

Gotcha. Yeah I interviewed for a job like that once. They signed me up for an "observance day" with "one of the company's best reps" so I could see what the job was like. When I showed up, I found out Mr. Super Rep was a 19-year-old kid with no college education (I was 23 at the time with a bachelor's degree). I knew I should have walked the fuck away at that point, but no, I went along with it...

So we go out to this guy's car and get in along with a recently-hired guy that Super Rep was "training." We start driving out to a subdivision about 30 minutes away to "meet with some clients." As we're driving dude pulls out a coupon book and starts talking about the great deals in it.

I spent all day walking around some neighborhood in my suit and nice shoes (it was raining half the day) watching this jackass try to sell coupon books. Half the people in the neighborhood were pissed off that we were even there, it was a no soliciting area. They tell people they're allowed to do it though because a tiny stipend of the profits from the coupon book sales goes toward supporting a wheelchair basketball team, thereby allowing them to claim "non-profit" status.

So yeah, I find out that nobody actually gets paid any type of wage in this job. You get to keep $10 from every coupon book sold, and that's it. There's no base salary, there's no allowance for gas and food while you're on the road or for rental cars, there's no benefits whatsoever, it's all commission from the stupid books.

When we finally got back to the company's office (which is a fucking joke because it's shared with two other "companies" that work exactly the same way) they asked me how soon I could start...

Oh? you applied at imports? lol yea that was the company name and your experience sounds identical to mine except we weren't allowed to sell to individuals, we had to hit up small business in butt-fuck towns out in the middle of no where, I remember one day I had my "supervisor" with me and he told me to go in a gun store, not a sporting goods store, sporting goods carries exercise equipment....this was nothing but big-ass guns, he points me to the door and gives me a "sell everything" speach and that particular day we car pulled in his car so I couldn't very well just drop it and go as I did not feel like walking 300 miles home. I walk in and this in-bread p.o.s is sitting behind the counter cleaning a 12 gauge shotgun and eying me down, I give my pitch and actually end up selling quite a bit but what I'm trying to say I guess is jobs like those are never really pleasant but damn if the money wasn't....

Nah, it was called Boss Executive Advertising Group, but it's the same type of business model. There's places like that popping up all over the country.

And like I said, if you thought the money was good even though you were paying gas and other expenses, imagine actually working a legit sales job and having the company pay for your mileage or renting you a car? That's why I say if you're good at selling, then apply to some more legit sales jobs, you could make a lot of money...

Yea that would be nice but every place I've come across since want some sort of college experience in their employees and they never seem to give me a second look. I fonly they knew what I could do with sells....lol
hell if I had some financial backing I would start something myself but I don't have that kind of money readily available at the moment.

Do you have a nice resume? That helps. You can design your resume around your strong points (whether it be education, experience, whatever).

Lol, I was supposed to start a job selling knives. $14.50/hr. You get that for base pay plus commission. Anyway, each appointment is counted as an hour, $14.50/hr., you make your own appointments=no money.
Point is, don't fall for shit like that. I agree.

PS $200 deposit on the knife set for the demo knives.

Didn't mean to threadjack, but I had a good example too. :D

lol yep their are tons of scammers out their, you just have to watch out live by J.U.I.C.E roflmao +1 for anyone who knows what that stands for without googling it =P

Lol, I was supposed to start a job selling knives. $14.50/hr. You get that for base pay plus commission. Anyway, each appointment is counted as an hour, $14.50/hr., you make your own appointments=no money.

Sounds like Cutco. A friend back in high school almost got pulled into working for that company.

I hate shit like that, when they advertise it falsely. It pisses me off so much! I went on ripoffreport.com after I interviewed for that place and wrote a nice long shitty review of the company. My hope is that other people read it and don't waste their time interviewing for stupid scam jobs...

yea. did 1 hit, the bag is still in my room untouched after that. not planning on doing that again any time soon. bad trips suck

Amen on that bro. Bad trips do blow. But Salvia didn't touch me like I didn't feel anything when I tried it.

As for leaving. Man I have thought about that so many times always finding an excuse that holds me back. Honestly I wish I had done it. I thought to myself tonight how cool it would be to kinda like a drifter moving from town to town when somewhere got old. It would be ideal for me to do it now while I am young. But yeah sadly it probably won't happen. As for you staying cause of your girl...not to get too personal but the way I look at it is if she is the reason you are staying just go. Ask her what she would do first if she says support you then you found yourself a keeper. If she says she is gone then forget her man she ain't worth it anyways. Its like Dustin said if you are unhappy don't stay. Being overall unhappy ruins things that normally bring you great joy. I went through a period of time where I felt like shit had hit the fan and I needed to get out. I left for a week sleeping in my car in the mountains and came back happier than ever. I left with $63 in my pocket. I came back with $17. if I can make less than $50 last a week than chances are you can get far away for less than $250.

Back