employment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bitch?
ha, not really.
its just the best thing to do.

im on good terms with the president and vice president of the company i work at.
if they like you, your chances of getting fired go down. even if you fuck up.

When I was working at discount I had gotten transferred from the store I started working at and started off like a rook all over again learning people's names and all that stuff, the store I got transferred to had 3 outside lifts. needless to say that shit sucked in winter time, (I could have been the walking mascot for michelin tires when the snow hit). But anyways I ended up getting in really good with my store manager. Telling him the truth but stuff he liked to hear. I told him I loved my job, and that the physical work made it even more desirable. In our swamped times I being the new guy even got on kids' asses to speed up and work faster. He noticed all this. He even had me ready to be promoted. The store I was working at got closed after a new store opened and we all went and worked there. Well Discount had this bright idea that the placement meant they would get more work which meant they needed more workers. We went from a 10 man crew to 21 people right before the time when seasonal layoff time kicked in. By the end of the layoff period I was one of 8 crew members still there. (not counting management and salesmen of course). I thought I was safe. I was even close to getting a "promotion" in other words I would be doing the same thing with authority behind the position. Right before that happened I got cut. I was the last person laid off. That blew big ass. I was in good with the store manager, all the salemen, I even had a couple of bay coordinators training me to be a bay coordinator even though I hadn't officially been promoted yet. The only person who didn't like me was the assistant store manager. Fucker laid me off on the store manager's day off.

But to get to my point..kissing ass, working hard, and cleanliness on the job works most of the time but you can always work harder, look cleaner, and kiss more ass. So never think you are safe in a job unless you continue to improve.

at age 31 and owning a house / taking care of a dependent, ass-kissing is the rule not the exception.

I've been friends with LOTS of bosses and presidents, it doesn't help. When I bought my house I flat-out asked the same motherfucker that fired me "I'm buying a house, if you were me, would you do it?" "YES!". They lie.

money is a great motivator..the most trusted of friends will fuck you over for a buck, I learned this early

Business related friends will fuck you over. Man that same manager who fired me came to me a week before they fired me and asked if I needed my job more than my best friend kelly who worked with us. I told him to fire some other kid. That shit sucked. I almost punched him in the face. The guy had like 6 inches and 50 lbs of muscle on me.

money is a great motivator..the most trusted of friends will fuck you over for a buck, I learned this early

women and money... It always comes down to one of the two.

I think i saw Independent Contractor in here somewhere. Just say no. Taxes are a bitch. You pay and pay and pay and they love to audit that shit.

As for leaving. Man I have thought about that so many times always finding an excuse that holds me back. Honestly I wish I had done it. I thought to myself tonight how cool it would be to kinda like a drifter moving from town to town when somewhere got old. It would be ideal for me to do it now while I am young. But yeah sadly it probably won't happen. As for you staying cause of your girl...not to get too personal but the way I look at it is if she is the reason you are staying just go. Ask her what she would do first if she says support you then you found yourself a keeper. If she says she is gone then forget her man she ain't worth it anyways. Its like Dustin said if you are unhappy don't stay. Being overall unhappy ruins things that normally bring you great joy. I went through a period of time where I felt like shit had hit the fan and I needed to get out. I left for a week sleeping in my car in the mountains and came back happier than ever. I left with $63 in my pocket. I came back with $17. if I can make less than $50 last a week than chances are you can get far away for less than $250.

Yeah, I'm considering doing that. Except I'm leaving with some good money saved up and never coming back.

I need some advice from some of you on something. I found out theirs a machine shop thats quite close that I'd love to try to get on at White Performance and Machine
however I don't know how to go about doing it considering I have no experience, would just walking in and asking for someone in charge and then asking about an apprenticeship,internship or something of the like be too bold?

you'll never know if you dont ask.
just go in and talk to them.
ask them about it, say that you wanna work, and you wanna work hard.
if they need help, and have the time to actually teach then they will probably hire you.
unless they only need experienced help.

Thanks man thats what I was hoping to hear, I'll go do it tomorrow after work...well wait I'm not sure going covered in paint would be a good idea.. I'll figure out something

well its usually all over my arms and shit too and that crap doesn't come off easy, so I'll have to come home and shower, I just hope they don't close too early because I work 8-4:30

CT is nice

:ph34r:

lol

CT as in Connecticut? Lived there already, my little bro was born there. All I remember about that place is pushing my oldest-younger brother down a hill on a trike and he fell and broke his collarbone....whoops. ^_^

PS, I lived in Groton.

CT as in Connecticut? Lived there already, my little bro was born there. All I remember about that place is pushing my oldest-younger brother down a hill on a trike and he fell and broke his collarbone....whoops. ^_^

PS, I lived in Groton.
you developed your evil tendencies early huh? even for a woman

Yup, sure did. If anyone lives anywhere near me, it's like Hell on earth lol. I'm sure my mommy thinks so anyway.

Maybe, so does that mean I should come their to be punished? :ph34r:

Lol, sure. I use whips, tie people to beds, and tell them they've been naughty. I charge about $50 a session.

Hmmm... that's when I bring out the gag, dunk you in hot oil and then boot you out the door. I'd go with the $50 deal and then get it done twice lol. ;)

how about I give you the $50 and you let me make out my own deal.
icon_wink.gif

Back