1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emusic Media Manager for Linux?

Discussion in 'Computers, Games, Electronics etc' started by cjvictoria, Jan 12, 2009.

1. cjvictoria

cjvictoria New Member

I just downloaded the file from the Emusic site, but being that I'm new to Puppy Linux, I'm completely lost in the way of installing it. :eek:

I don't want to try on my own without any knowledge pertaining to it, cuz I'm afraid if I make a mistake I could possibly fuck up the computer.

HELP ME!
    BTW that was my 911th post so... it just happens to be slightly urgent lol

2. cjvictoria

cjvictoria New Member

someone pleez help for real! i just googled this topic and came to this thread lol

i guess im the only one hahaa

3. cheese9988

cheese9988 Senior Member VIP

Well I tried downloading it and its asking for a credit card, I'm not going to enter that. What happens when you try to install it? With alot of installers you have to change the permissions to make them executable, a few you have to compile. Best bet is to get a .deb file if your distro is Debian based (ie Ubuntu, Linux Mint).

If thats an ubuntu based distro and your file isn't executable you could try from terminal:

(where installerfile is what you downloaded)

sudo chmod +x installerfile

and to run:
    ./installerfile

4. cjvictoria

cjvictoria New Member

ahh man i resolved the issue dude. thanks for the advice though... i had a friend make me a .pet of it and it worked like a charm!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted