Enemy of the State

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I lost money on the accord venture...to much to think about.

I could take another car into my collection...since I found the carpet in the CRX was wet from the long winter...it will now go to a full race car status...if I can afford this raceing life style....sponcer's...hint hint.. ;)

and the place I will be moveing to, due to the fact that I can't afford anything within 20 miles from work, I would need a good dependable, fuel economy car, that is fun to drive...and that put's all the cars I have now to bed...

Jeep=16 MPG
CRX=18 MPG
AE86=unknown
Z=18 MPG

So another 27-35 MPG car is slightly needed...

on the other hand, the extra insurance would go up about $30 a month, and the registration with the DMV would put me in bankruption....

But the wife is at a point that she even wants to keep all the cars we have, until I put the carbs on the AE86, and now it is way too loud for her standards...hehe...so it might be just a playtoy too, and not a daily driver......personally...I wish the jeep would turn into an 87 civic Si hatchback.........since it's main purpose is for the dog, and the dog would be happier in a turbo hatchback :ph34r:

Originally posted by Airjockie@Apr 23 2004, 03:48 PM
Jeep=16 MPG
CRX=18 MPG
AE86=unknown
Z=18 MPG

So another 27-35 MPG car is slightly needed...

Damn that sucks. My three cars are all 25-30 MPG when I behave myself and all very reliable. You might want to consider entering the next gen of civics soon... you can borrow my gsr sedan for Loco's meet, I guess Ga-chan can hang out in the back seat. B)

Originally posted by Blanco@Apr 23 2004, 04:21 PM
And not that it's any of my business, but SiGal, there's this thing...I think it's called TACT. You might want to learn how to use it when dealing with your friends. You won't come off like such a gapping axe wound.

We all pussyfooted around Steve last year when he got dumped by his gf last spring. My TACT went out the door when I lost patience with his whinings and grand prounouncements from the evils of womanhood to cars to how to run a shop. Again, I've had to put up with his company in real life, what you see on the these boards is just a smidgeon of our whole history of social interaction. I actually try to ignore his posts on this board.

Steve knew full well the CT DMV's rules and due to MONTHS of poor finances tried to skirt them. The title of his thread tries to make himself out as some poor abused citizen, but he is not. Steve is intelligent and very knowledgable about IT shit. His pizza job is a joke. I've worked in restaurants and hotels as a waitress and a cook. I've sold Hondas. I've even worked at a titanium racing bike factory. Now I sell antiques. If you need money, you just have to hustle for it. The economy sucks, but the CT area has a lot of life in it. There should still be plenty of opportunities to make money. Steve is old and experienced enough to know better. End of story.

I know not their history, but I see where she's coming from, relating to shit I've been through with friends...

I have a friend who wants to buy a new car, but every fucking car that's out there is "not for him." There is always something wrong with it. He can afford a 60K car, so it's not like he's having trouble finding something in his price range. Let me give you an idea of what he bitches about- "The STi is nice, but I just don't like Subaru." "I like the M5, but I don't agree with Germany's stance on the war with Iraq." "I like the G35, but don't want people calling my car a 'G-ride' in reference to the letter G."

Shit like that. I finally told him to shut the fuck up and drive his broke ass '91 CRX and leave me the hell alone.

So yeah, I can kinda see where she's coming from. I don't really know either side, so I can't comment on it, but when you have to listen to someone's incessant whining about shit, it's just like WTF, ya know?

Back