Energy Credits

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
Todays Tax Tip

IRS is offering a non-refundable credit for HVAC systems put in service in 2009 and 2010. The credit is 30% of the cost, including parts and labor, up to $1500.

Good info to have if you're looking to upgrade your heating systems.

Credit also applies to other energy effecient improvments like windows and doors, heat pumps, etc. Not sure what the limit on windows and doors is this year, but the total energy credit is limited to $1500.

This includes gas, propane, oil and biomass.
aka pellet and wood stoves.

if you want more info or form numbers just make a post and i'll answer your questions.

I'm very interested. I'm buying a house and will be closing in a month or so. The house is propane, and I need to get a tank installed. I'm not sure if I'll have the cash to overhaul the hvac in the house, but this is worth looking in to.

yeah, this has been going on for a long time now. i missed it by 2 months (installed my stove in nov 2008)

I was thinking about replacing window sin my Condo but I would assume they would have to be custom. I should get an estimate and possibly tank advantage

yeah, this has been going on for a long time now. i missed it by 2 months (installed my stove in nov 2008)
its been going on for a while but its the season when people start thinking about their furnaces

i had a couple clients call recently so I figured I'd share my research.

Back