1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Energy is people!

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by DarkHand, Oct 25, 2004.

1. DarkHand

DarkHand Senior Member VIP

I only mention my weirdest dreams to people, but I think this one counts. Kind of a cross between soylent green and logan's run. :D

So in this dream, George Bush got re-elected. He decreed that every person in the country must fight terrorism in a way determined for them by the government. Some people had to join the military. Others had to do guard duty, and there were various other tasks. There was one other task, however.

Bush built a gigantic 'freedom furnace' to provide the country with energy. The only thing that could power the furnace however, was people. A random selection of the population was randomly chosen to be fed into the furnace to be burned to provide the country with energy. The funny thing though was that everyone was happy to serve their country by being burned in the freedom furnace. They considered it an honor to be able to serve their country. Big fat stereotypical Americans were thrilled to be burned in the freedom furnace. They showed up by the millions.
    The furnace had an entrance and exit with a chain that ran horizontally between the two doors. Every few feet there was a person attached to the chain by their necks who would be dragged through the furnace. Only empty chain came out the other end.
    When I was given my task, I was picked to power the furnace. And of course, I refused and became a fugitive. Bush had loudspeakers installed every few hundred square feet, everywhere in the entire country, that would broadcast propaganda messages to the people every day. After I ran away, the broadcast mentioned me, saying I was a terrorist that refused to serve the country, and that I should be brought in to the government, dead or alive.
    Most of the dream was spent trying to avoid capture. I had made a semi-permanant camp out in the woods, and would venture into civilization every once in a while... I had a gun, and I would hold up small stores for food and supplies every few weeks. Every time I'd go out, more big fat stereotypical Americans would chase after me, shooting at me and calling me a terrorist.
    After what seemed about like a full year, I decided to try and sneak back home to let my family know I was still alive. I managed to get back to the neighborhood, but couldn't get to the house... It was constantly guarded by government agents should I ever try to return. I was just about to start fighting my way in when I was woken up. :p

I'm sure there would have been a neat ending to this dream, but all I know is that I think something is trying to tell me that a vote for Bush is a vote for giant people-burning energy furnaces. :blink:

2. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

I don't care if your pro or anti bush, that was retarded and a waste of 3 minutes of my life

3. Loco Honkey

Loco Honkey Banned

Three minutes? You read slow, you 'tard.

4. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

i thought it was an interesting read.

5. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

this may be closer to reality than you think...

the next draft is suspossed to be based on your proficiency(sp?) at certain tasks... ie: a draft for doctors, nurses, engineers, etc... a draft for skilled professionals...

6. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

yup and if we want a draft, vote kerry.

7. dveit

dveit Well-Known Member VIP

That's a pretty crazy dream. Interesting though. Kind of reminds me of 1984 in a way, cause Big Brothers constantly looking over your shoulder, plus the loudspeakers with propoganda you speak of were also in the book. But anywho, I wonder if you would have overcome the power trippin' Bush. Doesn't it suck that you always seem to wake up at the best part. <_<

8. Trinity

Trinity <font color=#FF909B><b>I go back like Aqua Net.</b

i thought it was interesting as well. it kinda fucks ya up when you have dreams like that huh

9. dveit

dveit Well-Known Member VIP

I wish I could remember my dreams, cause I always wake up and realize I had a badass dream, then like 3 minutes later it all leaves me. Happeneds everytime.

10. JDMPlaya

JDMPlaya Senior Member

Damn I don't think I would ever have a dream like that, I dream of doing fun shit or extreme stuff

11. MadMaXXX

MadMaXXX Mad Man

thats a pretty interesting dream

kinda reminds me of kamikazi pilots in WW2

most of them did not want to do it but did it as a result of a number of factors

even educated individuals that were against the war joined

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted