Energy Suspension Bushing Kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRAZYEG9

Due to having suspension bushing problems I purchased an E.S. bushing kit from summitt Racing(NYC driving = FUCKED UP SUSPENSION), and I was reading some of the instuctions in the kit, and I happened to see "Hydrolic press required". Please tell me there is another way to do this myself. Going to Pro Parts and getting most of them pressed shouldn't be a problem, because the guy said he might be able to work something out with me, if I do it all in one shot. The problem is I have to take apart most of my suspension, then bring it there, and I have to use my friends yard, and my car can't be back there sitting on jacks forever. Also give me some PROS & CONS about this kit.

Yo, what up Honda Swap members, can I get a responce. This was posted for like 3 dayz, n00b's need replies too.

Uh, get a press and do it yourself? Use a huge bolt/nut and two piece of really thick metal to push it in?

Pros = better handling
Cons = more noise (but not mine)

By the way, your instructions wouldn't have said "hydrolic".

And...

:search:

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 16 2004, 02:30 PM
Uh, get a press and do it yourself? Use a huge bolt/nut and two piece of really thick metal to push it in?

Pros = better handling
Cons = more noise (but not mine)

And...

:search:
[post=391186]Quoted post[/post]​

What did you mean by this statement below?

Something tells me the only way for you to properly have that kit installed is to pay somebody else to do it.

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Sep 19 2004, 09:34 AM
Something tells me the only way for you to properly have that kit installed is to pay somebody else to do it.
[post=392152]Quoted post[/post]​

thats not true, i did mine myself.

Originally posted by CRAZYEG9@Sep 14 2004, 04:00 AM
Due to having suspension bushing problems I purchased an E.S. bushing kit from summitt Racing(NYC driving = FUCKED UP SUSPENSION)
[post=390054]Quoted post[/post]​

I was just curious what was fucked up about your suspension? It wasn't just alignment issues? Poly bushings are a lot stiffer, so going over potholes will be even less fun, i.e. more noisy (creaking). Keep them lubed up.

man just pay someone to do it, it was a lot of work doing it myself i did like three of them wrapped it up and payed the shop to do it and i love the way it feels, i know how it is to drive in NY because that is where my civic was and it eat up my bushings and my shocks, get the bushings put on and get some springs and some good shocks and you will be in good shape

Originally posted by CRAZYEG9@Sep 19 2004, 05:56 AM
What did you mean by this statement below?

[post=392140]Quoted post[/post]​

Because "hydrolic" is not a word....its hydraulic :p

As for installing the bushings, you CAN do it without a press, but if your time is worth any money at all, just buy a $100 Harbor Freight press and get it done yourself in a long weekend.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi+Sep 19 2004, 05:49 PM-->
Cashizslick
@Sep 19 2004, 09:34 AM

[post=392270]Quoted post[/post]​

I wasnt talkin to you GSRCrx . . .

I think he shoudl have this kit installed by an expirienced person so he doesnt mess it up.

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Sep 20 2004, 07:35 PM-->
Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Sep 19 2004, 05:49 PM
Cashizslick

GSRCRX = Competent
CrazyEG9 = Incompetent

Get it? :p
[post=392721]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks for the tranzlation lol

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Sep 20 2004, 07:35 PM-->
Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Sep 19 2004, 05:49 PM
Cashizslick

GSRCRX = Competent
CrazyEG9 = Incompetent

Get it? :p
[post=392721]Quoted post[/post]​

Who do you think you are saying something like
GSRCRX = Competent
CrazyEG9=Incompetent
You don't know me from a can of paint to even compare me with someone else.
Don't do that no more. Also, I don't want to see my name in your vocabulary unless your talking with me. By the way, I did my front Lower Control Arms and the car handles very well.

LOL! Someone's all full of piss and vinegar!

Yes, there is another way, with impact sockets and a BIG hammer, and some heavy pieces of steel. But, by the time you're done dicking with that hack job, you could have just had someone press 'em for you, or buy yourself a press and do it yourself.

I installed the entire kit myself. It's worth the time and effort instead of getting ripped off at a shop, plus you will learn a lot about your suspension since you will have to take apart the entire front end and about half of the rear end. Just take the parts that need to be pressed to your local machine shop and they can do it for you. It costed me a total of $35 for the front and rear lower control arms, and the pivot bushings for the upper front control arms. That's a total of 16 bushings, so thats not a bad deal if you think about it.

whats going on?? well i can tell you this i did the hole bushing kit on my car my self. went to a friend that had a shop and he pressed them out for me wich mad it so easy.. it been on my car now for about 3 or 4 yrs now i got my kit when they first cam out no squeak no sag yet :ph34r:

Back