Energy suspension bushings ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dwn2low

My bussings are dry rotting on my Sol. I was going to get these to replace the factory ones. Question is are they worth the $117, and has anyone noticed a diffrence between them and stock.

Thanks
Mark

Yes, they are worth the cash... well worth the cash... but putting them in is a pain. Quite a few shops around here won't even install bushings for you unless you're really good friends with them, and even then it's a pretty steep price.

Intercrew will charge you something like $300 or more to put them in... and that's only if they'll even be willing to do it for you in the first place. You have to press/drill out all the stock bushings (there's a LOT of them), clean out the old hole, then press the new bushings in. Some of them you have to burn out, or it will take you hours to grind them out. Trust me, I'm having enough fun with the trailing arm bushings on the CRX. I can't torch them because I'm in an apartment complex, so I just went at them with a die grinder and a round bit... it takes a while.

So what diffrence did you notice? I have a garage and can grind and burn them out but how hard is it to get new ones in?

:huh:

Most people use a hydraulic press, and it usually takes a few days of on/off work. I haven't driven MY car with the bushings yet, but I have driven a few with the ES master bushing kit, and it really does take all the slop out of the suspension.

Getting the bushings out was the biggest problem I had. They all went back in relatively easy though. I didn't use a hydraulic press, but I'm sure that would have been easier than using my weight to force them in. Some needed more work than others, but I got them all in just fine. I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but I stuck all my front suspension bushings in the freezer for about an hour or two before I installed them. You will be able to install them either way, but the right tools would definetly help. Just remember to clean all the holes out and put the grease all over. I'm much happier after putting them in and they're worth every penny. Auto-xing sometimes, the tires would seems to lose caster and steering would go numb, but I haven't felt it since.

About having the bushings installed, a friend of mine, (and Im going to do it to when I get the money), had his bushings installed by a local machine shop, they did it easily because they had all the equipment available, and they were relatively cheap.

Thanks Guys. I just bought the front control arm bushings because the suspension kit I'm getting comes with poly bushings and I'm getting new rear control arms with the poly bushings but I can't wait for them to get here my bushings are totaly shot.

It sux when things go wrong. But hey atleat you can buy something better now :))

i did poly bushings all around on my sol by myself... using a hydrolic press rented from a rental place. They all pressed out really easy, same for pressing the new ones back in. just make sure that you have sockets big enough to put on the outside of the LCAs.

ive had the poly bushings in for about 1year now and have been really happy with the ride... the first thing i noticed was the ride felt more solid over bumps and ripples... especially when hard cornering.

i thought i read something on some other forum that some dude experienced having his polybushings deteriate and crack b/c he didn't lube them regularly...
has anyone else heard anything like this???

im interested in this as well

having done the shifter bushings i am very inclined to do the rest of the suspension. the shifter bushings were a great upgrade. as far as lubing them regularly, how do you do this? do you have to take them out, or do you lube around them and inside them? is it needed? i know i havent lubed stock bushings... :blink:

Back