Energy Suspension Bushings

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92CHB

I need to replace my LCA bushing on my 92 hatch. My question is has anyone purchased this or even the master set of bushings, if so did the LCA bushing's come with or with out the out side collar? Cause i want the kind that you can just push in, not like the stock ones where you need to press them in. And did the LCA kit come with bushing for both sides?
I have emailed the company twice and they have not responded so i am hoping some one can answer these questions for me. Thanks! :worthy:

you need to have the factory ones pressed out. The new ES you could put in yourself with a rubber mallot, but your not getting the old ones out by hand, unless you burn them out and that makes a mess and takes time, just have them all pressed out and put the new ones in yourself.

matt

Originally posted by hybrid89@Sep 14 2004, 02:09 PM
you need to have the factory ones pressed out. The new ES you could put in yourself with a rubber mallot, but your not getting the old ones out by hand, unless you burn them out and that makes a mess and takes time, just have them all pressed out and put the new ones in yourself.

matt
[post=390204]Quoted post[/post]​

the old ones are already 90% melted out since i needed to heat up a bolt to get it out and my friend got alittle over zealous and melt the bushings. Also the bottom bolt on my LCA is stuck and won't come out either so i was hoping that the E.S. bushing doesn't have an outer collar so i can just install it with the LCA still on the car.

teh ES bushings are 2 piece so it makes it a little easier. You might, basiclly picture your stock bushing cut in half and a lot easier to get in the LCA. afetr the 2 piecesa are in each side, you need to push the replacement sleeve through both and that compress's the bushing into the LCA. throw the bolt back in and go.

matt

Originally posted by hybrid89@Sep 14 2004, 04:19 PM
teh ES bushings are 2 piece so it makes it a little easier. You might, basiclly picture your stock bushing cut in half and a lot easier to get in the LCA. afetr the 2 piecesa are in each side, you need to push the replacement sleeve through both and that compress's the bushing into the LCA. throw the bolt back in and go.

matt
[post=390251]Quoted post[/post]​

Okay, so that sounds like just what i wanted to hear. So the ES bushings utilize the stock outer shell from the old bushing that is still in/on the LCA?

i have gotten the master set for my car back in 98 for my civic i been running it seince then never had any problem with it... some of them do have to be pressed out and pressed in but a little of you time it should go well i did my car my self it was not fun cause it was my fist time doing it to :ph34r:

Back