Energy suspension bushings

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MrTokai

what are your opinions on the ES polyurethane bushings...?

i've heard that they don't have a too long of a lifespan as they tend to wear out quick and crack...

but i've also heard that they'll greatly improve the handling of your car...

i just wanna know what you guys think!

They're a bitch and a half to install, but ultimately worth it. Hands down the BEST suspension mod you can do. It took me 2 weekends to do it, but I'm damn glad I did. I haven't had any problems with them wearing out or cracking, and I haven't heard of anyone else having that problem...

ES bushings = teh sickness.

nice...well...my stock control arms are pretty mashed as is so what i had planned was to buy some used control arms, upper and lower, n integra rear lca's....hand them off to a shop to press the bushings in then just swap out the components in one day... i figure it'd save me a lot of down time and headaches...plus i needed new ones anyway!!

im going to do this soon myself with energy suspension. i will just be torching out the rubber and cutting the metal ring out with a hack saw. i did this already for a bad bushing and finished within an hr and a half. i did what you did and bought some integra rears and removed the pieces out already.

I'd search for a shop in the area that had a hydraulic press before mangaling them, it's soooo much easier, takes about ten minutes.

Make sure you grease them cuz the master kit does not come with enough grease. The rear trailing arm bushings also do not come in the master kit. I didn't catch the car your doing this to but I did mine on an EG. You can save yourself some money by buying a front camber kit instead of installing the bushings for the upper control arms. Save yourself even more money by taking the parts loose to the shop with the press so they don't have to charge you labor for disassembly/reassembly. Everything else has been said by the others already.

Originally posted by n1mr0d@May 1 2005, 10:04 PM
Make sure you grease them cuz the master kit does not come with enough grease. The rear trailing arm bushings also do not come in the master kit. I didn't catch the car your doing this to but I did mine on an EG. You can save yourself some money by buying a front camber kit instead of installing the bushings for the upper control arms. Save yourself even more money by taking the parts loose to the shop with the press so they don't have to charge you labor for disassembly/reassembly. Everything else has been said by the others already.
[post=493819]Quoted post[/post]​

I've heard people say it doesn't come with enough grease, but mine had PLENTY. I think I might've had a little left over. I've had mine on for a couplea months now, and they don't squeak or anything. Also, I bought the Skunk2 front camber kit and used the front ES bushings.

my ES bushes in my EG squeaked like fucking hell even with lots of grease.

we used a press to get some of the old bushes out, and a torch/hacksaw to do the rest.

you dont need a press to get them in.

do they sell the rear trailing arm bushings? This is the one with the rod thru it and holes on the ends of rod?

Cons - B*tches to get out. Usually requires an arbor press/hydro press to remove them. Trailing arms bushings are the worst. Oxy/Acy torch and a Sawzall is required toolage.

Pros - Controlled suspension deflection, much stiffer response, and when fitted to the steering rack (master kit) steering is teh r0x0rz. Allows for more precise camber/caster adjustment.

Eh? - Trailing arm bushings and control arm bushings can act to destablilize the rear suspension under high loads. Result; snap oversteer. A good roll bar, or spring settings can prevent this though. (stiffer springs, loser bar).

Back