engagement ring or new car?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chadcharb

VIP
so I've been with my gf for just over 4 years now and even bought a house with her. I've been gettin some hints about buyin a ring which I don't have a problem with because I've pretty much decided that she's the one but I reaaaallllyyy want a b swapped crx...I've got just over 3k sittin around and I really can't decide. I know which one I want more but the other one would make alot of other people happy(including me).

car. or make a couple extra mortgage payments.

My advice is if it's working as is (the relationship) don't go getting engaged/married just for the sake of doing it. If she's the one, she's the one regardless of a ring.

if she loves you, she'll marry you with an $80 walmart special on her finger.

That said, putt a car before the persona you want to spend the rest of your life with is just stupid. lol

IMO, you're 24. you're too young to get married. don't be stupid. wait another year or two living together. Please change a lot, especially if she's younger than you.

All of my friends were married off by 25, I don't think thats too young. I do agree though, don't get married for the sake of just doing it.

so I've been with my gf for just over 4 years now and even bought a house with her. I've been gettin some hints about buyin a ring which I don't have a problem with because I've pretty much decided that she's the one but I reaaaallllyyy want a b swapped crx...I've got just over 3k sittin around and I really can't decide. I know which one I want more but the other one would make alot of other people happy(including me).

Dude listen to what you are asking...

You bought a house, the mortgage for which you both signed.

I used to get this question frequently when I worked in mortgages,

"Umm ya I'm getting divorced...how can I get my husband's name off the mortgage b/c he's ruining my credit by not paying for the house" etc. etc.

The answer is that you can't. It is easier to dissolve a marriage than a mortgage.

So the point is, you are contemplating your level of commitment, yet you have already committed to a house, a 30 year string of interest accumulated payments that can only be unbound by death or refinancing.

Sounds like you are already there! Go to a trustworthy consignment jewelry store, score a nice 1k VS C princess and get it over with. You'll get the ring and still have money for your car. :thumbsup:

You bought a house, the mortgage for which you both signed.

I used to get this question frequently when I worked in mortgages,

"Umm ya I'm getting divorced...how can I get my husband's name off the mortgage b/c he's ruining my credit by not paying for the house" etc. etc.

The answer is that you can't. It is easier to dissolve a marriage than a mortgage.

So the point is, you are contemplating your level of commitment, yet you have already committed to a house, a 30 year string of interest accumulated payments that can only be unbound by death or refinancing.

Hard to argue with his logic.

if she loves you, she'll marry you with an $80 walmart special on her finger.

That said, putt a car before the persona you want to spend the rest of your life with is just stupid. lol

IMO, you're 24. you're too young to get married. don't be stupid. wait another year or two living together. Please change a lot, especially if she's younger than you.

true on both accounts. but if you love her, you will buy her something she will appreciate and enjoy. and 24 is pretty young, but you have been together quite a while. getting engaged now wouldn't be abnormal. now if you were only together for 1 year, i would say hold off. buy the ring, get the crx in the summer. you will have more money by then.

if i had a girl that had an ass like that and was into the same shit as me, it would be a no brainer.

If she doesn't dig cars, keep your money. You HAVE to have a hobby in common or at least one she will go with you to.

If she goes to car show with you, buy the ring. If she plans several cars show in advance for you Marry her today.

when I say I "we" bought a house I mean I bought a house and she lives in it...she helps out with utilities though. She's more into muscle cars than hondas, but she doesn't have a problem sittin around and handin me tools. I'm not doin it just to do it. If I buy a ring it's because I want to but I really want another car to. I'm really diggin the buy both thing 1500 on each...

My sister's bf asked her. House or a ring. My sister choice the house.

Not exactly the same concept, but ask her if she wants a piece of jewelry or a project for the two of you to work on.

My sister's bf asked her. House or a ring. My sister choice the house.

Not exactly the same concept, but ask her if she wants a piece of jewelry or a project for the two of you to work on.
i know i can find a suitable ring for $1500 the only problem will be finding the crx for $1500. i found one recently for around that with a b16 in it and stupidly passed on it and not im kickin myself for it. so long story short, im gonna try or both! well see. im thinkin this though Jewelry from Kay Jewelers, the Jewelry Store for Engagement and Wedding Rings, Diamonds and More

You should give her an engagement cock, or even dick-in-a-box!

That's up to you. If you want to take things to the next step then do it. if not, do whatever you want.

Just keep in mind, if you get off spending 1500 for a ring set then you've got it good DO IT NOW before she starts to look on her own and start seeing whats out there. My problem is Linh knows jewelry so I was screwed. The wedding band alone was over 1500 =(

Back