Engagement ring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cheese9988

VIP
Been dating my girlfriend for awhile now and am going to ask her the question soon, so was looking to buy a ring in the next couple of months. So, any of you guys married or just got engaged? I am looking for advice on the ring, how much you spent, any stores better than the other? I have some people at work that have spent $8k on them but I could put a real nice down payment on a house with that. I was thinking $2k range but not sure. Discuss.

Dude, down in the city, near the border (Like, near the golf course and co-op) there is an open to the public liquidator. They do diamonds and semi-precious and everything I've seen there is incredible, and cheap. You're in a good area for looking for diamonds - near the Diamond District.

Quoted post[/post]]
Dude, down in the city, near the border (Like, near the golf course and co-op) there is an open to the public liquidator. They do diamonds and semi-precious and everything I've seen there is incredible, and cheap. You're in a good area for looking for diamonds - near the Diamond District.
?

My sister wrote this to me....

Clayton,
Was just wondering if you did get my second attempt of sending you the ebay pictures of the ring? If so was you interested in it? It would be nice to keep it in the family....It is worth at least $2000.00 at the time of purchase and all I am asking is $600.00 so I can get some of these hospital bills off my back and breathe again. Hope all is going well for the both of you???? We are all fine...I am working myself to death to get out of this debt with my surgery and such....and get my head back above the water level. I also have several sets of Mitutoyo calipers if you know anyone who would be interested. i have:
1- 4" digital
2-6" dial New
1- 12" digital
1- 6" digital
all work just need to sell. I will take $250.00 for them all. you know how much calipers can be.
Please email me back and let me know.
Take care of yourself....

Love you
Teresa

And I posted the info on the ring in the parts section awhile ago....
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64614

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEUS%3AIT&rd=1

Quoted post[/post]]
My sister wrote this to me....

Clayton,
Was just wondering if you did get my second attempt of sending you the ebay pictures of the ring? If so was you interested in it? It would be nice to keep it in the family....It is worth at least $2000.00 at the time of purchase and all I am asking is $600.00 so I can get some of these hospital bills off my back and breathe again. Hope all is going well for the both of you???? We are all fine...I am working myself to death to get out of this debt with my surgery and such....and get my head back above the water level. I also have several sets of Mitutoyo calipers if you know anyone who would be interested. i have:
1- 4" digital
2-6" dial New
1- 12" digital
1- 6" digital
all work just need to sell. I will take $250.00 for them all. you know how much calipers can be.
Please email me back and let me know.
Take care of yourself....

Love you
Teresa

And I posted the info on the ring in the parts section awhile ago....
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64614

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEUS%3AIT&rd=1

Seems like a good deal, does it still have the warrenty papers and such. Where was it bought?

i bought my wife a 100 dollar ring for our engagement...just to see her reaction...

.when we got married i spent around 3.2k ....

Purchased from Zales in 2000...and she still has the receipts...I'm not sure if thats a warrenty or something....I never delt with jewery...

but I got my wife a $20 silver band when we got married...and he loved it...and out 5 year anniversary...I got her a $100 pawn shop diamond ring...she loved it too...but lost it...now I got to find her something that will knock her socks of...and her pants...for our 10 year anniversary in April.... :ph34r:

you guys dont know what you are missing.

JDC (Jewlery Design Center) a local place here is THE SHIT. you can design your ring from scratch and they can do any price you want.

my cousin just got one with a .6 solitare for about $2500-3000

and one of my co-workers just got a 1.0 solitare with one .33 on each side (1.66 total carat) for about $5000

Quoted post[/post]]
Purchased from Zales in 2000...and she still has the receipts...I'm not sure if thats a warrenty or something....I never delt with jewery...

but I got my wife a $20 silver band when we got married...and he loved it...and out 5 year anniversary...I got her a $100 pawn shop diamond ring...she loved it too...but lost it...now I got to find her something that will knock her socks of...and her pants...for our 10 year anniversary in April.... :ph34r:
??? :blink:

she...typing after corona's...will do that :laugh:

It all depends on what you want in the ring. Quality vs. Shit. For me, I wanted Quality as its going to be in our family for a long time and I didn't want to skimp out on the goods with her ring. I spent alot on it and had it designed from scratch. Never buy a ring from the case as the quality of it is ridiculous.

If you want details on what I spent and what I got then PM me.

here's her ring:

DSC01587.jpg

DSC01604.jpg

Screw her, what kind of wedding band are you going to wear?

It's a good thing :)

I can't wait. 10/28/2006 :)

Back