Engagement ring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
Youg et the satisfaction of knowing that you are in love with a person and want to spend the rest of your natural life with them :)

kthx.
So why don't i get some 5000 dollar gift to show the same thing.....lol....basically itsl ike i gotta spend like 20k(wedding included) to show you i love you and she has to spend 200 dollars on some shitty mens wedding band

DLP > Plasma :p

and i agree.... if/when i get married, if she sees a 1000 ring, she'll be lucky.
useless shits. i'd rather buy her a new car or something uselful. not a piece of bling.

i hate materialistic women.

I've been with the girlfriend 3 years now. People are starting to ask questions. I'm certainly not ready yet and can't believe I committed to the same girl and as a result have to turn down other possibilities that have came my way even when they look enticing.

However, she almost strictly wears silver and is a fiend about matching things. If I bought her a gold ring she would have to buy all gold jewelry to match. If I bought her a platinum ring like that, she'd match and wear the color she wore all her life. Plus that sets the stage for buying less expensive silver jewelry for the rest of her life.

I think that ring looks really sharp and if/when I eventually pop the question I'm going to seriously look into something like that.

The hardest part will be hidding it from her, They have a sickley sense about them and somehow can tell you 2-3k lighter and nervous

1) congrats!

2) my engagement ring was only 800 bucks... just a simple diamond in white gold...

3) my wedding set i 'upgraded' to was platinum, with a 3.5 carat stone in the center with two on the sides that were a half carat a piece. everyone thought it was real, but it wasn't. the most expensive part was the platinum band....

personally, i'm not into spending huge chunks of money on wedding rings... it's just my opinion. if some other chick thinks it's real, then it is. i don't tell anyone. hahaha.

sounds like everyone with a significant other on hondaswap is considering marriage...

Quoted post[/post]]
DLP > Plasma :p

and i agree.... if/when i get married, if she sees a 1000 ring, she'll be lucky.
useless shits. i'd rather buy her a new car or something uselful. not a piece of bling.

i hate materialistic women.
The idea is that you are spending money on something that is completely stupid to you, but you're doing it anyway and keeping a smile on your face about it.

You're being a husband.

And it wouldn't be so bad, if the Wedding that she planned for a year was a car-themed wedding. But you'll NEVER SEE IT.

Ya I guess I'm not getting her silver hehe. But she still likes the silver color so its going to be platinum. Just comparing prices too, there doesn't seem to be a huge difference from gold to platimnum, maybe $500 on some that I have seen. And I agree with everyone here, not that I'd necessarily want to by another car with it, but for house prices around here, $5k makes a real nice down payment. So I was just trying to be realistic. Just one of those things, grin and bear it I guess?

I've located six statistics on the average amount Americans spend on
engagement rings:

$3,044 (Bride's Millenium Report)
$2,982 (Bride's Magazine)
$2,909 (Modern Bride, as cited in Weddings for Dummies)
$3,576 (Conde Nast Bridal Group)
$3,165 (Modern Bride Magazine)
$2,807 (National Bride Service)

oof

Back