Engin Swap Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

D17A1SWAP

I have a 2002 civic auto dx----D17A1----- , what would be the best swap keeping it auto i can do? im looking for a base of atleast 165-170 hp.. whats the best way to go.. and looking to spend between 1and 3 k for the swap. Is this something thats a good idea? or is it dumb to even try this

just get a good name brand kit, no ebay junk and you will be fine something like a greddy kit

no problem, its just real hard to do a swap in that car unless your going k series and the base k is 160 hp and a auto but by the time you get it in there your stock motor with a turbo would be much faster. and with a 160hp k series on a auto its still gonna feel crazy slow, the only other thing you can do is swap in the k20 from the type s or better 200hp with a 6 speed now that would work great lol.

well, i was talking to some people and they were saying that adding a turbo to my D17A1 auto will cost about 5k due to the power change that it wouldnt be able to handle..so i would need an ecu and a bunch of other crap, unless i dont care about my engine blowin up? is this true?

not true, as long as you have it tuned and dont go over about 7psi you will be fine. and that will get you in the 150-200whp range. and the kits are about 2200 bucks for your car

with your set budget its hard to get what you want, especially in an auto. reason i mention budget is id recommend using the money to convert auto to manual and get a swap with it, you will notice more power when you're controlling the gears not the car itself.

Back