engine 4 a 89 lude

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turbo_lude

hey y'all. i just got a 89 prelude with a b20 (400k) and i have dreams to make the car turbocharged, but i dont like the b20.
is there like b16s or h22 that fit close to the b20? is it hard to do this swap? how about big power turbos that i would be able to use with it.
any help is much appreciated (i hope thats spelt right), thanx. B)

as far as motors go, you can either get another b20a, or swap in an H22. In order to do the H22 swap you will need to buy a kit from Placeracing (www.placeracing.com). The kit includes axles, mounts, etc. Other than those, there is not much more you can do to you car.

I would recommend building a b20 for boost. The stock compresion on them is boost friendmy, just dont skimp on the FMU.

Hope this helps you out.

wait. is there any down falls to havin an h22 in the 89? like even more underster? :huh:

dude, im sorry to break this to u, but no an h22a wont go in that prelude chassis. there is NO aftermarket mounts made for that year prelude, b/c the engine is a weirdo. the mounting point are different than ALL other B series engines, so NO u cant put a b18,b16a,b20b or anything else in there. #2, it is by far the worst engineered honda engine out there, so if ur gunna boost it, build it well!, my friend broke his crank in 2 with normal daily driving. i suggest to sell the car, but an older civic shell and swap into there. if u have the $$ and time to spend making that prelude fast, ditch it an go for a ef or eg civic.

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Sep 27 2003, 11:59 AM
dude, im sorry to break this to u, but no an h22a wont go in that prelude chassis. there is NO aftermarket mounts made for that year prelude, b/c the engine is a weirdo. the mounting point are different than ALL other B series engines, so NO u cant put a b18,b16a,b20b or anything else in there. #2, it is by far the worst engineered honda engine out there, so if ur gunna boost it, build it well!, my friend broke his crank in 2 with normal daily driving. i suggest to sell the car, but an older civic shell and swap into there. if u have the $$ and time to spend making that prelude fast, ditch it an go for a ef or eg civic.

um yes it will. I have a 90 prelude, i looked into doing the swap. Its kinda expensive, but if its what you wnat, there are kits availible.

sooo, building up the b20 is my best bet. :rant: i want a fast car that can handle the corners... ya know?
how much $$$do you think it will cost to beef up the engine to handle 12-14 psi? :burnout:

Originally posted by rudeludenotmeanthough@Sep 27 2003, 12:27 PM
Rods, pistons, injectors, ARPhead bolts, springs, retainers, and other stuff..

Pissedoffsol, will have more info for you later on when he gets online.

hes always online...but keeps his away messages up

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp+Sep 27 2003, 12:31 PM-->
rudeludenotmeanthough
@Sep 27 2003, 12:27 PM
Rods, pistons, injectors, ARPhead bolts, springs, retainers, and other stuff..

Pissedoffsol, will have more info for you later on when he gets online.

hes always online...but keeps his away messages up

no no, i mean when he is on Hondaswap. which he is not at this time. I think...

Back